PDA

View Full Version : Benign Intracranial Hypertension! :(

CJA09
01-12-11, 21:30
Having to continued to google why I have whooshing in my ear I have discovered this, it can cause pulsatile tinnitus and is seen in young overweight women. I'm 28 and 23stone. What if this is whats wrong with me :(
I'm so scared !

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

having full blown panic attack now :*(

charmcc123
01-12-11, 22:10
chin up hun im in full blown state at the mo and in serious need of help, keep calm i went to doctor google and told me every worst fear and im having panic mode, so please avoid that mean doc take deep breathes and pop to your gp xxx

countrygirl
01-12-11, 23:01
Well I googled it and pulsitile tinnitus is only one symptom of this and not the main ones at all. I have pulsitile tinnitus so was interested in your post.
You would 100% also have severe headache worse in the morning with sickness and nearly always have eye problems as well or facial palsy. These symptoms would be severe enough for a Dr to think you had a brain tumour and any optician would be able to see that something was very wrong due to pressure on your optic nerve seen on eye exam SO if you don't have any ot the above symptoms other than pulsitile tinnitus and you have had your eyes tested recently then you can forget about this one!

True pulsitile tinnitus is there 24/7 it never ever goes away - I can ignore it completely but the minute I listen for it its there as it never goes away.
It makes no difference when you lay down or lay on the ear or anything and never affects both ears or alternates between them either.

I know why I have mine and I agree that anyone who develops this as I have described needs to get investigated to find out why and rule out the nasty things.

Have you discussed your fears with your GP?? Maybe have your eyes tested as anything really horrible would be picked up then and most of all :lac:google:)