PDA

View Full Version : Poorly with Shingles : (

kate H
01-06-06, 19:46
Feeling really pants today. Got Diagnoses with Shingles on Tuesday and at that time didnt feel that bad. It has certainly kicked in now. Have been doing so well with anxiety etc but now i feel like i have taken massive steps backwards, im concerned the Shingles has been brought on by stress and people have told me they have suffered with depression afterwards.

If anyone has any adice on Shingles or anything to stop the uncontrolable itching and stabbing pains I would be grateful. Feeling very low today and its the first time in ages.

.......Is your past barging in on your future? Make a better 2morrow 2day.......

eeyorelover
01-06-06, 20:28
Ok I asked my Gram about this - being that she is an old farm woman and knows all the odd folk remedies and she said.. eat loads of pears, take either oatmeal or cornstarch baths and apply licorice root to the affected areas.
I sure hope you feel better real soon :)
oh and I am supposed to tell you ...DON'T SCRATCH - lol

darkangel
01-06-06, 21:19
oh kate

you sound like u are having an awful time, take good care of yourself and ive not had shingles but would calamine lotion help to soothe the itch i know it works for chickenpox but not sure about shingles.

take care and hope u get better soon

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving