PDA

View Full Version : Throat Cancer Worries

skye
02-12-11, 16:53
Hi everyone, well its the time of year that my HA is always at its worse. The xmas season, not sure why probably because I love xmas my birthday is a week before and its a family time - so of course this means I am going to die of some terrible illness....this time its throat cancer. For the last few days i have haa really tight feeling in my neck whivh when i breathe in or yawn feels like something is pulling. I also am having that lump in throat feeling and pain when I swallow. I know anxiety can be a big reason for all this, but I just got over about a month ago a really bad 3 weeks, of constant anxiety and stress. The type that grips you and completely overtakes your life, I couldnt eat, my body hurt so much for being so tense and it was a terrible time. My anxiety goes like that though a few very bad times each year and then i pull myself out of it. However i am so much better and havent felt anxious at all last few weeks. So of course now worried theres somthing really wrong....im only 29 but i do smoke...ive smoked for 10 years, (I know I nso need to stop) 12-15 a day approx and i havent stopped in that time....I so badly want to but the anxious person i am smoking seems to be my crutch. What age bracket do most people get throat cancer? would it be unlikely? Im 30 in a few weeks.

Sorry for the questions, and i wish everyone a panic and anxious free holiday season x

stevenr1986
05-12-11, 21:43
my god i have this daily and its all stress related! i WOULD NOT WORRY and enjoy life and ur family time! i have a fear of going blind and cancers so i understand!

cattttt
05-12-11, 22:12
Throat cancer usually happens to older men. I do know how you feel though, hang in there, I bet it will all go away after Christmas.