PDA

View Full Version : Do thoughts define you?

JM9258
02-12-11, 23:18
Hey, just wanted to know if anybody who has had thoughts of either a violent/sexual nature but worried in case you may act upon them, my problem is that I keep having these thoughts of a sexual nature and I've been to my GP who has prescribed propranolol which helps and I've decided to ignore them, get on with my day and they're still there and becoming obsessive, what should I do?

PANIC STATION
03-12-11, 00:55
Hi.
I don't think your thoughts define you but even to those who feel confident about themselves when it comes to sexual desire all our animal feelings have to be freely expressed during the act. Not always easy to realize our base selves. Depends on what sort of violence you mean and whether the other person feels the same way. As long as it's mutual who gives a f!!!k !
Or does it involve rape or attack in which case get help fast.
I have friends who get preety rough with each other both straight and gay but they express it and get it to the outside and seem to carry on ok. But don't let depression and conditioning bring guilt into what you should and shouldn't feel as long as i say; it's mutual!!.

JM9258
03-12-11, 02:28
What i'm saying is that these thoughts are unwanted, intrusive towards family members, strangers, children etc. I do not desire to act on these and I don't want them, I've been referred to a counsellor anyway and also for CBT.

william wallace
03-12-11, 09:21
When you're stressed and unhappy these kind of thoughts can be very worrying and more pronounced. As you start to feel better with meds and counselling these thoughts will fade to nothing.
You cant be sent to prison for your thoughts unless you act on them, and you aint going to do anything:)

richardbrown
03-12-11, 14:33
I have similar UNWANTED thoughts about my twin boys, it makes me desperately unhappy

Veronica H
03-12-11, 16:44
Hi Richard
This must be causing you so much stress. Have you spoken to your GP abour OCD? Best wishes Vx

william wallace
03-12-11, 16:47
I have similar UNWANTED thoughts about my twin boys, it makes me desperately unhappy

Richard, it's just your dark half winding you up because you're anxious. Tell it to bog off:winks:

theharvestmouse
03-12-11, 17:26
I have odd thoughts in general, the other day I was imagining my own funeral and what people were saying and things like that.

richardbrown
03-12-11, 17:57
I have been seeing a psychiatrist privately which is costing me £150 per hour, I have seen him 3 times.

He says I am suffering mild anxiety and need no medication maybe cbt.
It doesnt feel like mild anxiety to me, I feel horrific.
All this was brought on by a near breakdown due to a huge amount of stress

JM9258
04-12-11, 02:08
@william wallace, thanks mate much appreciated also hope everyone gets well, these thoughts are scary sometimes vivid and feel real just in the heat of the moment, i'm seeing a counsellor next thursday btw. :)