PDA

View Full Version : cold that just won't go away?

swgrl09
02-12-11, 23:27
Hi, I have been fighting a cold on and off for the past month now. I thought I had kicked it after 2 weeks and then it came back ... then thought I had kicked it again, and now it's back again. I really don't feel that bad, just a lot of post-nasal drip which makes my throat sore and a lot of congestion. Is this something I should be worried about?

I do take allegra for allergies, so it must not be an allergy ... also been using my neti pot, but only helps for a little while ...

Andromeda
03-12-11, 05:10
As long as there are no unusual symptoms it doesn't sound like it's anything for you too worry about.

i think everyones suffering at the moment, it's that time of year.

relax, drink plenty of fluids and keep yourself at a consistent temperature where possible :hugs:

PinkRoxy
03-12-11, 08:14
No dont be worried as its not really serious.
However maybe take a visit to your gp and tell them what you have been experiencing with your cold and they will prob give you a set of antibiotics to help you recover fully as that is what my gp usually does to me and it usually works.

Another thing is maybe you should take a trip to the pharmacy and get yourself some vitamin C tablets I usually take ones called ester C with the vit C and echinacea in it and its usually really good and not too pricey either. Take one every hour or two hourly for the first couple of days then go down to two in the morning and two at night.

I hope this helps, and dont worry I am always paranoid when I come down with a cold or the flu aswell so I know what its like. But remember not to worry too much as this does happen sometimes esp if your immune system is a bit low and usually in the winter time if you have winter where you live its quite normal.

swgrl09
04-12-11, 02:27
Thanks for the advice, I did go and get some Vitamin C so I am hoping for the best ... I must just be run down. But I always think the worst :(

PinkRoxy
04-12-11, 04:02
Its ok honey I know exactly what you mean.
I always say if I'm a wreck with my health now I wonder what I would be like when I have a baby and worry about their health lol.

I hope you feel better soon and remember to get plenty of rest too and keep an eye on the colour of your snot (sorry I try and say that as nice as possible lol) if its green then go to your gp and get antibiotics. I sound like my gp now lol.