PDA

View Full Version : Happy to see more like me

mws
03-12-11, 10:05
My name is Mike and I'm 39 years old. I go for months feeling fine, and then I'll have a few weeks (like right now) when I have too much time on my hands. In the last two weeks I've had 3 heart attacks, pancreatic and stomach cancer, and a ruptured appendix. In my mind, at least. Turns out I've had indigestion and gas. Just tonight, I had this pain in my back and was sure I was having a heart attack. Usually, googling my symptoms convinces me I'm dying, but tonight it led me to this site. After reading through the forums for a bit, and hearing about people who think exactly the way I do, I suddenly realized the pain and my back was gone. I'm going to live! At least until the next time I feel some little insignificant ache and convince myself I'm dying again.:)

nomorepanic
03-12-11, 10:06
Hi mws

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
03-12-11, 10:15
:welcome: to nmp, i, sure you will find lots of support here, and as you say you are not on your own, which i know helps, hope you make many new friends here, and get some comfort and advice. x

lauz_lea
03-12-11, 10:25
You're not alone - a few weeks ago I had a brain tumor and a heart attack myself and had a few nights where I was convinced that if I went to sleep I'd never wake up, I was convinced I was dying - little did I know then that anxiety was getting the better of me. I whole heartedly believed I was seriously ill and on deaths door.

Well, I am ill, but it's anxiety, which I know will spiral into depression if I don't do anything about it, so here I am, day 12 of being back on AD's and although there have been times I've felt 100 times worse, I know that soon, I be feeling 1000 times better.

I hope you'll find this site as useful as I have :)

JohnMichael
03-12-11, 12:39
Hi
I've just joined up, I can also tell you you're not alone with this. I started getting an uncomfortable feeling in my esophagus 3 months ago and since my father died of esophagael cancer not long ago I became petrified immediately. I normally have major anxiety issues generally. My symptoms got worse, and in my mind I thought I was going to die soon particularly after reading loads on the web. Eventually I found out it was a muscle spasm in my esophagus causing the pain, caused by a build up of stress at work, and the whole thing spiralled from my worry.