PDA

View Full Version : woke up bleeding this morning ... help!!!!!

swgrl09
03-12-11, 18:46
Hi I am awaiting a call from the doctor on call at my gynos, but am freaking out if somebody could please respond soon.

my history is that i have been on the same birth control pill for years, woke up this morning and there was blood in my underwear and I am still lightly bleeding. I usually am fine with this pill. Only thing i can think of was that i was on antibiotics a few weeks ago and also been stressed out. I normally would ignore it and let it pass, but i did have some random shooting pelvic pains this week. I figured they were due to an ingrown hair I had, but maybe not now. They did go away.

I had my annual gyno exam a month ago and everything was fine, smear was normal. Now I think I have either ovarian cancer, or I may be pregnant?!?! I don't know! My boyfriend and I are careful, I waited two weeks after finishing antibiotics before sex again and he is the only person I have been with. Smears don't detect ovarian issues ...

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Doctor called back and totally brushed me off ... I feel guilty for having them call him at home, he is not my usual doctor but just on call ... he said quickly that it is fine, just keep taking the pills, and no big deal, it happens on the pill ...

I wanted to ask him if it was normal though for me because I have been on the same pill for a while with no issues, and I thought it was mainly when you changed pills. I also am very good with taking them on time (I set an alarm on phone to remember). I also told him about the random pelvic pain and he quickly said nothing to worry about and then just hung up ...

I really don't feel better after that conversation ... ugh.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

another update ... still lightly spotting, i am figuring it is because i am on my 3rd pack without a break for a period, usually i only go 2 packs without a break ... maybe my body just isnt used to that time.. does that sound like it could be it? anyone?

nomorepanic
03-12-11, 19:19
I thought you still got periods when on the pill anyway

swgrl09
03-12-11, 19:45
but you arent supposed to while you are taking active pills, you are only supposed to when you stop taking them ... and the period technically is just a withdrawal reaction from not taking the active pills anymore. So you basically induce your own period.

swgrl09
04-12-11, 03:03
anybody else have thoughts???

PinkRoxy
04-12-11, 04:18
my gp said it was quite normal to spot while on the pill and even if you have been on it for a while she said that it still is quite normal.

It is common to spot if you have skipped a period and depending on the grade of the pill if its a low grade then spotting when skipping a period is quite normal.

shooting pains in pelvic area well that sounds like typical period pain to me and if you are spotting then it would only be natural to feel some kind of period pain.

The packet of my pills say that the use of contraception will not be protected during use of antibiotics, diahroea and vomiting and since you are on antibiotics maybe it isnt strong enough to keep your period away too. I think by my judgement it sounds quite normal and I can understand your uncomfortableness with your doctor on the phone.

If really worried then maybe go back to your gp or even talk to a nurse at your gps clinic as they can help alot usually.

Anyway good luck.

swgrl09
04-12-11, 04:34
Thanks for responding, it helps to hear that. I was on the antibiotics a couple weeks ago, so I am not sure if they still could mess me up or not. I was careful during my round of them though. I guess I should just wait it out, let it run its course a cycle or so. It has happened once or twice before when I have tried to go a few packs without a period, but not in a while ... and my anxiety is sky high right now, where it wasn't before, so I am of course thinking the worst.

PinkRoxy
04-12-11, 04:48
yeah I think its normal. I am on the pill too and sometimes I notice a dull period pain the whole month I'm on it and I mentioned it to my gp and she said what I was experiencing is quite normal. I do experience spotting too and she said that is normal being on the pill.

Its stupid because the reason I went on it was to stop the compleye ill feeling I get when its that time of the month I was so bad I had to take time offwork with it because the pain made me want to vomit sometimes.

But try not to worry too much honey as I believe what you described sounds normal.