PDA

View Full Version : could my anxiety be getting worse going on fluoxetine?

petepie
04-12-11, 00:56
hi there,i have had dp anxiety for a number of years due to drug abuse(3 years clean :yesyes:now
Anyway i was on cymbalta and stopped it 4 weeks ago and have been on prozac for 2 weeks now(20 mg),i dont feel its helped at all with my anxiety,well maybe a little tiny bit,and sometimes feel my anxiety gets worse in situations like shopping malls and crowded places,its also stopped my libido and dont really get turned on anymore,could the prozac make my anxiety worse?should i come off it straight away?

Thanks everyone :shrug:

suzy-sue
04-12-11, 01:26
Hi .you are still adjusting to the Prozac at the moment ,It can cause Increased anxiety until it settles into your system .Give it a bit more time hun ,As for the Libido this can settle down too .Most A/ds can cause this problem .If then you get to the 6 week of your starting dose .Go see your Dr .He will either adjust your dose or put you on something else if you dont feel any benefits by this time .All the best .Sue

petepie
04-12-11, 02:04
ok great thanks suzy
Think i will give it abit more time:hugs:

lynn1960
04-12-11, 08:25
it may get worse before it gets better meds take a couple of weeks to reach the full effect but you will see some change like you are now keep taken meds soon you will see a big difference but you have to stick with meds take care

petepie
04-12-11, 19:27
:hugs:

mallan82450
04-12-11, 22:45
I've been on Prozac for 15 days and it has shown a lot of promise! It has already helped me in many ways. It does however take weeks (up to 12) to fully kick in and you have to expect blips . . . You are just experiencing side effects at the moment, I fortunately didn't get them bad but I understand they can be scary. Stick with it, I've heard so many good things about this med.