PDA

View Full Version : Intro

ROBINSE
04-12-11, 09:10
Hello,

I am new to this site. My name is Ed, 40, and live in the south west of England.

I have suffered from contamination OCD for over ten years. Despite two lots of CBT, and different medicines my symptoms persist to the point where I could quite happily commit suicide if it was not for my dog - Oscar.

I recently changed medication from Sertraline to Prozac, as the Sertraline had seemed to loose it's effectiveness after five years or so. It became worse when I was encouraged to try, and reduce my dose, as when I re-increased it the desired effect was missing.

I have been on Prozac for five weeks, and have just stopped it as it is making my OCD even worse, hence increased depression, and suicidal thoughts. I don't know if anyone else has found this with Prozac, and I know you should not end drugs abruptly but, if I continue taking this I think will go insane, and do something stupid.

Just for the record I did contact the out of hours GP service but, was told to go back to my own GP, as they would not prescribe me any other medication.

I have an appointment booked with my doctor on Tuesday, so if my doctor says I have to go back on prozac it will only mean I have missed three days.

Sorry for the rant but, and generally I have no complaints with the NHS, it would be nice to know that I am not the only one to experience the increased OCD with prozav.

nomorepanic
04-12-11, 09:14
Hi ROBINSE

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
04-12-11, 11:28
Hi amnd welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x