PDA

View Full Version : wish the fear would go

sarah23
02-06-06, 10:10
Hi
I have panic attacks for about 8 years on and off. 2 years ago i got it really bad where i wouldnt leave the house and scared in my own home. Now i have exactly the same problem. I am nearly 9 months pregnant and when i started my maternity leave i have got worse. I dont leave the house and every day i wake up with a panic. The more i try not to think about having one the more i do. I just feel like lying in bed all day everyday but this is not how i want to live in fear all the time. I fell like my surroundings are not real if that makes sense. Im really scared when i go into labor as i will have to leave the house to go hospital. I just want to be normal its really getting me down

hayles
02-06-06, 11:14
Sorry to heaq you are having a not so good time at the moment.

Probably the upset in hormones is not helping!

Have you tried some relaxation techniques, breathing exercises which may help to calm you down, and will probably be very helpful in labour.

Try and remain calm. when you go into labour remember everyone is there to help and support you. Have you chatted to your Midwife about your labour and related panic attack concerns! Maybe you can have the baby at home.

Not a great idea with your first, however it is your choice!
But then again maybe facing your fear and going outside to get to hospital will get you on the move to getting past this.

I am sure that when you are in labour you will have far too much to worry about that you wont have time to fit a panic attack in....heres hoping eh!

Hope you feel much better soon.

All the best for the labour and keep us posted

Big Hug

Hay x

Daisybun
02-06-06, 11:18
I agree its probably yur hormones kicking in too. When you go into labour nature will kick in anyway and hopefully you'll just find that you can just do what is needed without worrying about going out of the house and into hospital.
I also agree that when you're in labour you'll be too busy thinking about that than panic.
Wishing you all the best and let us know when the new arrival comes.
Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

**whenwillthisend**
02-06-06, 11:24
hi there yeah i too think it could be the pregnancy hormones kicking in...please try to relax and just look forward to having your baby..
dont worry about going into hospital as when you go into labour you wont be able to wait to get there...where you will be looked after..good luck

shell100
02-06-06, 12:40
bless sarah.
i used to hate going to hospitals, then my dad was really ill & i had to go, u will find that when u just have to do something then u will do it. surprisingly enough.
also try to think that every new mum is really frightened for lots of reasons when giving birth & the doctors & midwifes are use to that & will be so lovely with u.
also try to think, u will be in the best place possible if you need any help.
What you do need to do tho is speak to your doctor asap & tell him how you are feeling now, as after the baby is born you might feel overwhelmed by it. He will let your health visitor know who will give u immense support when u get home.
lots of love xx

sarah23
03-06-06, 18:22
I am seeing a hynotherapist at the moment i have had 1 session and hoping to get 1 more in before the baby comes. My midwife and doctor both no that i suffer from this but are not much help. I woke up this morning with a terrible panic and was shaking most of the morning i didnt even want to put on my make up i was scared to do anything. Ive also got a blockage on my ear and the moment so can only hear out of one ear and thats making me feel really weird

Jenny
04-06-06, 09:36
I don't know how much time you have before the baby is due, but is there a caring Health Visitor attached to your doctors surgery that will come out to talk to you?

((((((((((((lots of hugs)))))))))))))

Jenny xxxxxxxxxxxxxx