PDA

View Full Version : twitching in temples. getting worried :(

xfilme
04-12-11, 22:26
Hi, I keep getting a random sensation, its like a muscle twitch that runs across my temples. Not both sides at a time. Its been happening on and off for about a week now. It's beginning to freak me out. Has anybody else had this? I suffer from chronic Health Anxiety, so please bear this in mind when you reply and try not to frighten me. Thank you.

lauz_lea
04-12-11, 22:44
I think this is caused by the nerves. I've suffered with similar, both in my eyes and temples at separate times. I was forever rubbing to make the sensation go away, which didn't help, so I tried something I do with my daughter whenever she has hiccups - I would count them. With my daughters hiccups we would rarely get past 20, once I started counting the twitches they stopped at around 10-15.

xfilme
04-12-11, 22:52
thank you i shall try that. I know its probably just nerve twitching. the problem is, i suffer from Health Anxiety, though Ive had nothing to worry about of late. when this happens my body goes through a kind of scanning process trying to identify a problem somewhere. i think it just scares me because its seems to be somewhere, like a nerve that runs from the top of my head, down my temple and down to my top lip. Its fast approaching bedtime and without as much reassurance as possible, my HA is likely to keep me awake all night in case I die in my sleep. Ill try what you said. It could just be psychological, or stress related (i went out last night and mixed wine with beer, resulting in little sleep and being sick). If anyone else has any idea in the meantime, the more reassurance the better.

lauz_lea
04-12-11, 23:13
You're tired! That's the most likely cause if it's only started today.

Three weeks ago I had a similar night - my scalp was twitching and itching all over and I was convinced it was from dying my hair the night before. I thought I was going to slip into a coma and was so scared to go to sleep because I thought I'd never wake up. I was constantly up and down to the mirror to check that my head wasn't swelling up. The more tired I became, the worse it got. I'm sure it was just my body and brain telling me to go to sleep.

xfilme
05-12-11, 00:10
Maybe Lauz. Ill take your advice and try and get some sleep. Thank you. Without anyone replying Id have not even got into bed xxx

eva82
05-12-11, 00:40
This is exactly what kicked off my health anxiety! Randomly started Getting twitching and pulsating around my temples... Just like you described!! Well that was almost 3 years ago and just like they started one day, it randomly stopped. I had a CT scan, MRI/MRA, or the head because I was worried it could be something bad (I also got bad headaches that would last for days). All tests came back perfect, but everynow and again it would start up again and I didn't pay it much attention. So please be assured that it is caused by muscle tension and stress...nothing more! :)

xfilme
05-12-11, 01:58
cheers luv2teach.

Ive been in bed and had a couple hours sleep. just got up for a drink. feeling much more relaxed and reassured now. Im sure Ill sleep well for the rest of the night. thanks both of you for all your help. youve really put my mind at rest xxx

lauz_lea
05-12-11, 12:23
I truely hope you managed to get a god nights sleep in the end.

xfilme
06-12-11, 17:38
Its back again. What could it be. Feeling scared again. Am I imagining a tingling in the left side of my face when I feel it? I really dont know :(

lauz_lea
07-12-11, 14:30
Hi again X, how's the twitch?

xfilme
08-12-11, 12:41
its still there. it runs from behond my ear, over my temple, down my cheekbone and to the side of my nose and corner of mouth. it feels like something crawling. :( it goes away for hours, then comes back for hours. its tingly. sometimes it feels tingly behind my ear too. im pretty sure its just a nerve, but i dont know why it would have just come out of nowhere. had dry sinusues and sligh sinus pressure lately. maybe that could be tied in? have an appt with doc, but its not until 12th dec :(

Gemma T
08-12-11, 14:19
Its anxiety. I get it all the time and sometimes my eye lid twitches continuously. It is so annoying but please dont worry its just nerves x x x

lauz_lea
08-12-11, 19:34
Gemma's right, sounds like classic nerves. I know it's hard, but try to relax if you can. Are you on any meds, or jsut started any?

xfilme
08-12-11, 21:29
No Im not on meds. Ill be happy when I goes :(

lauz_lea
09-12-11, 06:33
Have you considered getting a head massage? They're great and inexpensive. A shoulder massage my help relax the nerves too.