PDA

View Full Version : Thrush... and getting obsessional worries over it

Butterfly22
05-12-11, 12:15
I'm a regular sufferer of thrush each month when I have my period, the only problem is, the anxiety/ocd really kicks in big time, to the point where I end up sort of obsessively fixated on the area and am constantly worrying and worrying about how things feel in that area... it can also make me feel like I dont want to go out..

Does this sound like anxiety/ocd sort of problem?

PinkRoxy
06-12-11, 07:03
I dont really know much about thrush but have you talked to your gp about it?

Butterfly22
06-12-11, 16:04
Yeh I've talked to my GP about it and I have medication on prescription for it x

PinkRoxy
06-12-11, 19:08
Thats good.

Ive been getting quite itchy myself down there and though I try to clean myself thoroughly so no bacteria can get in there I'm sure it makes the itchiness and soreness worse. Its so weird though.

Butterfly22
07-12-11, 07:59
I agree it can be rather weird....

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 08:05
yeah I think its common to be itchy before and during and after your periods Ive had that for a long time and Im going to ask my gp about it on monday anyway. Do you want me to post you what she tells me?

Butterfly22
07-12-11, 08:09
yes I think it is...

If you feel comfortable posting about it yes, or you can PM me :)

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 08:18
ok I will it wont be a problem. I just got to remember to ask her as I have alot of other things to ask her but I do know that is def something I want to ask her.

Butterfly22
07-12-11, 08:20
OK cool.....

PinkRoxy
12-12-11, 05:42
Hi Butterfly

My gp said it is quite normal to get itching down there dunring the menstrual times and she gave me some thrush cream to make sure it wasnt that but she was adament that its quite a normal thing.

I hope that helps anyway.

Butterfly22
12-12-11, 07:00
Thanks for letting me know pinkroxy x

sickandtired
12-12-11, 07:06
I used to get thrush constantly.....I stopped using tampons.....never had it since.

PinkRoxy
12-12-11, 08:09
I cant wear tampons I find that they hurt and irritate me is that normal?

sickandtired
12-12-11, 09:04
you may be allergic to both tampons and pads.Have you tried the oral treatment for thrush as well as the cream?

PinkRoxy
12-12-11, 17:50
No I never had any thrrush treatment before until my doctor mentioned the thrush cream. I just always get irritation and soreness wearing tampons so in the end I gave up and just stuck to pads.

I didnt think it was a big deal I just realise though that most people can handle tampons and I cant thats all.

I dont really know anything about thrush treatment that much.

sickandtired
12-12-11, 18:07
There's an oral treatment for thrush....cream only treats the exterior thrush.
Oral treatment will get rid of internal thrush.You can buy treatment over the counter for about 11 pounds or see if you can get it from your doctor.Using both tablet and the cream should get rid of the thrush.I really feel for you.....its bloody awful,constant itching.
Try to cut down on any sugary drinks and food as this encourages thrush.

PinkRoxy
13-12-11, 06:47
thanks for that. I cant really afford to get a tablet right now so it will have to wait. But yeah the itching is driving me insane I cant beliee how bad it has gotten. But I will try the cream for now anyway.