PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bristol!

EmilyK83
05-12-11, 15:19
Hi all,

Decided to join today as nobody I know can relate to what I'm going through, and I thought it'd help to have some friendly chats with people who know what anxiety/panic feel like!

I'm Emily - 28, have been suffering with anxiety for a while. It runs in the family, so there must be a genetic link somewhere (dad suffers from anxiety, brother OCD, half-brother schizophrenic) but affects us all differently.

Over the last couple of months, my anxiety's got to the extent that I'm shutting myself in a separate meeting room at work - in the main office, I end up feeling faint and dizzy, my heart races and I feel like my throat's constricted - and I have no idea what causes it.

Just started on Propranolol this week, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes - and am on the waiting list for CBT too.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you :)

Em x

diane07
05-12-11, 15:21
Hi EmilyK83

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.