PDA

View Full Version : Bi Polar disorder

Danath
05-12-11, 21:40
Hi all,

I have had a concern recently believing that an explanation for my symptoms over the past four to five years (one of which is getting better and getting worse again all the time) that I may be suffering with a form of Bipolar.
Now I am aware that noone here can tell me whether that is the case or not no matter how much information I gave them, however I would certainly like to get this investigated as a possibility? Can anyone perhaps tell me how I might go about getting more information/ a diagnosis on this? I would also be very interested to hear from people who have this disorder, and how they discovered they suffered with this condition. I've been on allsorts of antidepressants and often seem to get better then worsen again after several months, and I cannot live the rest of my life like this, I simply refuse to.

Thank you in advance.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

surely there's someone?

ElizabethJane
05-12-11, 21:50
The only person that can give you a diagnosis of bi-polar is a psychiatrist. Your own GP would have a pretty good idea of what was going on from your medical history. They would still want you to go an see a psychiatrist though for advice on mood stabilisers and possibly an anti depressant although as you correctly point out some anti d's can make you a lot worse. I don't think that you will get the diagnosis that you are looking for over the net although there are a few good websites such as MDF bi-polar organisation used to be called manic depression organisation which you might find helpful. Best wishes EJ

Danath
05-12-11, 21:54
thanks hun, yeah I know I won't get a diagnosis online, its not what I'm looking for, was just curious about how people who have been diagnosed that way found out about it. Thanks for your response :)