PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal w/HA over lymph nodes or other lumps?

DisneyRunner
05-12-11, 21:41
I don't tend to worry over bodily sensations but more about lumps and bumps. Mostly lymph nodes. I'm currently reading the book, "It's Not All In Your Head" but that seems to focus more on bodily sensations then what I'm dealing with.

Latest example: I have what I think is a lump behind my right ear. If I feel around enough I do have the same thing behind my left one but the right side is more prominent. So I called my Drs office to see if she would look at it. Since I was just there 3 weeks ago, she just referred me for an ultrasound rather than have me come in. I guess she felt that would satisfy me better or something? Who knows? So I got the ultrasound last Monday and received the results on Thursday. The results were that it was normal. That the right and left side were similar in size and nothing was found. So for a typical person w/o HA, that would make them happy, right? Not me, I still feel that something is being missed. I'm still poking at the area and then comparing it to the left side. I have even asked my husband if he has the same thing. He says he does but he can feel both his equally. Mine is more prominent on the right. Maybe that is normal for me?

Anyway, you can see how I cycle with this stuff. It's been constant lately. I'm at the Drs office once a month now. I can't keep doing this to myself or my family. So how do you all deal with this when you are worried about lumps and bumps? Is there a way to put yourself in check with it? Thanks so much!