PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stools!! :'(

duke246810
05-12-11, 22:17
Im extremely scared right now.... For the past 20 mins ive been holding in a poo which was getting quite sore but that point. I'm sorry if this is crude lol! But when i just went to the toilet i didnt strain at all but blood came out in the poo and it came out on the toilet paper aswell.. im extremely scared and i dont know what to do, ive always had stomach acid and a fear of a stomach ulcer and this has just re-ignited the fact that i could possibly have one, i now believe that im going to die in my sleep or die within the next few days because of this ulcer or problem with my stomach. I did not strain or anything, i dont have piles or anything like that, although i have noticed a small lump on the outside but it just looks like a small piece of skin. Please help! Do you think this could be something serious? Right now its very sore. Thankyou

Em.ma
05-12-11, 22:20
are you sure this isnt the start of a period? they can start when you least expect it and in the strangest of sitations pmsl....

nomorepanic
05-12-11, 22:24
it will be piles and / or a fissure - which is a tear.

You may need to get some cream for it if it doesn't heal on its own

duke246810
05-12-11, 22:25
Its definately not, im not due this time of month and its never started like that before. xx

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Hi Nicola,

What makes you think its piles or a fissure? Im very close to googling but im holding myself back x

nomorepanic
05-12-11, 22:27
Because I get this type of bleeding as I have piles.

You have probably torn something or aggrevated an internal pile.

I am betting it was bright red fresh blood and lots of it

Em.ma
05-12-11, 22:29
Beth please dont google what ever you do. Youve been doing so well recently x

duke246810
05-12-11, 22:30
It was little spots on the tissue and little lumps of it inthe poo x

nomorepanic
05-12-11, 22:33
was it bright red?

duke246810
05-12-11, 22:39
inbewtween bright and dark if that makes sense lol

nomorepanic
05-12-11, 22:46
Well I really wouldn't worry about it to be honest but of course if you are still worried tomorrow then go and see the doc for reassurance.

duke246810
05-12-11, 22:49
Im just worried i wont be here tomorrow to see the doctor, plus i wont get an appointment :(

nomorepanic
05-12-11, 22:55
You are not going to die overnight!!!

It is nothing serious trust me and even if it was you won't die tonight from it.

I get this sometimes and I am still here aren't I?

duke246810
05-12-11, 23:05
Thankyou for your support Nicola,
I really appreciate it.
x

nomorepanic
05-12-11, 23:14
Please try not to worry ok. I know it is scarey but it is something that can be sorted with some creams if necessary.

ItchyOne
07-12-11, 02:16
I had that. For a while, I noticed streaks of bright red blood on my stool (not mixed). It was going on and off for a few months. The blood also appear on the toilet paper as I wipe. I did not strain, nor do I feel any pain. Eventually, my anxiety got the better of me and I went for a colonoscopy. Turns out it was just internal piles.

At your age (I'm guessing you're either in your 20s or 30s), seeing blood on your stool is usually due to harmless conditions like piles or anal fissures. Unless the blood is dark red which suggests the blood could have come from higher up in your intestines, or if the blood is visibly mixed with your stool.

RichTees
07-12-11, 15:38
Well I'll just set my sandwich to one side before answering this one :D

duke, you really don't need to worry. If the blood is red then it'll just be a pile or a little tear or something. It'll heal itself and you'll be fine :)

The only time you'd need to worry about blood in your stool is if said blood is very dark and tarry. That indicates that you're bleeding further up inside.

Seriously, don't worry. £20 says that by this time tomorrow it'll have stopped and you'll be wondering why you were worried :winks: