PDA

View Full Version : i fear infection, i have health anxiety.

f0rest
06-12-11, 07:25
ok so i read that on your face is zone called the "triangle of death" and if u pop a pimple on there u can die from a bacterial infection. well i have obssessive skin picking disorder for like 2 years and now im scared i may have this rare bacterial infection as im having problems with my vision speach and nerves on my face, should i be worried or just brush this aside as its nothing?

katielou80
06-12-11, 08:21
brush it aside...ive never heard of it. x

nomorepanic
06-12-11, 08:46
It is nothing at all.

Teenagers pick spots all the time!

f0rest
06-12-11, 08:48
thanks the thing im going through is more like a self harm picking at my face, thx for the feedback anyway i was getting better with my anx ill try brush it aside x

PinkRoxy
06-12-11, 09:18
Never heard of it myself.

To ease your mind though get some of this stuff called crystacide its an antibacterial cream it works on scabs and pimples i had an infection spot on the back of my neck and I used crystacide without seeing a doctor and the infection went away.

Ive been using it on my pimples and its been really good.

f0rest
06-12-11, 10:30
i dont have any acne, i just pick my skin obssessively even though its clear i sometimes try to find a pimple its pretty embarrassing.

happydylbob
06-12-11, 16:27
Hello
I also Have obsessive skin picking disorder, I think the name for it is something like dermotricholamania or something like that. Mine is on my legs, they are very badly scarred from it and it is something I have kept hidden for about 10 years. I started doing this before my anxiety developed. It is hard to ask for help as it is quite a rare disorder and I have never found the courage to do so, but I believe it is OCD related. I'm here if you want to talk.

stevenr1986
06-12-11, 19:31
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105618

if you get time please have a look at this?

thanks