PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all :)

HeadInAJar
06-12-11, 09:27
Hello,

I thought Id do as the introduction private message suggested and post an introduction post. The first thing I`ll say is my nickname is from something I flippantly said the other day. I said to a friend that even if I was just a head in a jar (like the ones in futurama), Id still find something to worry about lol.

Im 29, Male and live in the East of England.

Ive suffered with OCD for more than half of my life, maybe even longer as it was a long time before I even had an inkling that how I felt had a name. It started out with HIV/aids worries and moved on from there through what felt like nearly all of the possible permutations, false memories, reassurance seeking, checking so many things, pure O, you name it. I think the only thing it didnt move on to was things like ordering and symmetry, as my room probably attests to lol.

Over the years I have tried anti-depressants, beta blockers and a few natural remedies here and there. I also have had counselling, CBT and group therapy, and while all helped to a degree, the problem still remains, partly due to its ability to shapeshift into new things over time, usually when Ive just got a handle on one aspect of it.

I am also suffering with chronic fatigue syndrome which has totally changed my life, which is probably another factor why my ocd has remained strong. My coping strategy of going to the gym is now not an option, or even going out at all most of the time.

Currently, my ocd sits on the topics of health and computers, making me want to check many things to see "if they are ok" and involving a lot of pressure to just go to the doctors/reinstall windows or whatever. Its such a balancing act of being cautious when needed and when to just ignore things that I am feeling pretty low today. I found this forum last night while i was having a search around and realised I hadnt been on an anxiety forum for years, and that it might be helpful. I hope so :)

When Im not too ill or obsessing, I like to write, play games on my pc/xbox, take photos, listen to music and watch films/dvds.

I think thats about it for now, thanks for reading and I hope to make some new friends on here soon :)

H.I.A.J :)

nomorepanic
06-12-11, 09:31
Hi HeadInAJar

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes