PDA

View Full Version : Am I going crazy??

Paniclissx
06-12-11, 12:20
Is it normal to feel detatched and as if you are going crazy with anxiety ?? I'm actually getting better and I don't understand where this has come from? :(

Carys
06-12-11, 12:25
Hiyer Panicliss,

I have replied on your first post on the forum.

:D

debs71
06-12-11, 12:42
Hi,

Yes, it is completely normal. You are not going crazy.

You may still have glitches like this, even though as you say you are getting better overall.

Dealing with anxiety is a work in progress a lot of the time. It isn't like a chest infection where you have it, you take the meds and it is gone. It is a bit of a rollercoaster. Sometimes you will have many good days on the up and feel it is beaten, but then you have another low dip.

The detached feeling is horrible, I know. I am way better than I was now too, but I still get this from time to time. Like an out of body experience where things don't quite feel real.

Sometimes we can't rationalise it, or say 'well, I have been feeling anxious or been stressed, so that's why'......sometimes it just happens.

Try not to focus on that glitch. Just focus on the progress you have made, and see it as a momentary thing which will pass, because it really does. Try if you can to just say to yourself, 'ok, so this is just an anxiety glitch and it'll pass soon' and most importantly, don't dwell on it, just get on with your day and carry on with stuff. It is the best way of having it pass over quickly.

Take care.

xxxx:hugs: