PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody, new and lost!

Foxtrot
06-12-11, 15:21
Hi
I have recently had a lot of experiences in my life that have caused me to become very anxious and suffer panic attacks together with feelings of worthlessness.

I cared for an elderly lady for 2 years and became a bit isolated. She was then taken into a home and I was left without any support from social services. I managed to get myself a job and just after I finished my training I had my house and car vandalised. This left me feeling very vulnerable and anxious. I went to work for a week and then had a meltdown. I was off work for 5 weeks with anxiety and my doctor suggested a phased return. During that time the elderly lady I cared for died which left me feeling bereft. We were very close; she was one of my best friends. I feel so alone now. I went back to work on a supposed phased return. The first 3 days were finishing at 9pm and then back on to 11pm finish. I had asked if I could change my shifts to an earlier finish but this was refused.

On the night I went back onto the normal shift I had a breakdown. I ended up in tears but my anxiety had been rising all night. I left in tears and had to drive home at 11.30pm to an empty house (apart from my dogs - my saviours!). The following day I was even worse than I was previously and had to resign as I couldnt face going back there.

The doctor has now signed diagnosed me as having severe stress. I am now on librium; have been on citaloprim for a long time together with co-codamol for a back problem.

I feel very lost and have these feelings of possibly never being able to cope with a job again. I don't want to go on about it but I am feeling very low; keep thinking "is this it; this is what my life's become" and if it wasn't for my dogs I wouldn't get up in the morning. They are what keeps me going.

I'm hoping to find ways of getting myself back together again and becoming the person I once was.

Thank you for listening.

Foxtrot

nomorepanic
06-12-11, 15:22
Hi Foxtrot

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ciccone-hassell
06-12-11, 15:48
hi i really feel for you and am hugely sorry for the old lady you cared for passed away :( it is nice nor is it easy i miss my grandparents so much the passed away back in 1998 both within 2 weeks of each other so that wasnt great :( , i agree with you i live with my family but sometime i get hotels to great break from them but i find my own company very hard + i find it so isolating as well , being a single man at 32 isnt great and hate when i see other people happly in love :( , " sorry i side tracked there " but you should remain strong and your dogs will llways stand by you " animals are amazing things to help people like us " but also see if your doctor can help you more maybe see about any local groups you can join ,, so sorry again for your loss :(

Foxtrot
06-12-11, 18:23
Thank you for your responses. It's great to have a place I can come and chat with people who don't think I'm going off my head. The thing about anxiety, panic and depression is that if you haven't experienced it you don't really understand it. It can be quite embarrassing to talk about with others. I am trying very hard to be positive but sometimes its difficult. I love my dogs and the good thing is they get me out of the house for fresh air and exercise every day.

There's a wealth of information on the forum and I'm looking forward to reading through everything and gaining more knowledge about what's happening to me at the moment.

thank you xxxx