PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone .. im new here .. could really use someone to talk to

notmyself
06-12-11, 16:26
hello.. my name is Susan . I'm 21 years old . i found this site just a few minutes ago.. I'm hoping to find some other people who can help me deal with my symptoms.. the panic attacks started for me back in high school. i believe i was 15 when the first one came. ive been on paxil on and off since i was 9 . mostly off due to lack of funds . ive struggled with so many nights where i cant sleep or eat.. i was home-schooled for awhile until the state would no longer help pay for the home teachers.. so at the age of 21 i am in highschool online. i thought that i had figured out a way to live a normal life.. i held a job for over a year as a manager ... but i could no longer work when the panic attacks came back.. latelty i have been getting sharp pains in my sternum and a nasty dry like feeling in my mouth.. this is usually followed by the feeling of ice going through my veins.. blurred vision and a sharp pain on both sides of my body.. usually lasts for a long time once it starts.. im so scared sometimes that even with me facing the panic and talking myself down... i still have no control over myself.. i feel lost and alne alot f the time.. and at this age i should be in college .. enjoying my young years... yet i cant even manage to go to the grocery store alone anymore .. i just wanted to know if anyone else has these feelings.. or if im just going crazy???

diane07
06-12-11, 16:28
Hi notmyself

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Foxtrot
06-12-11, 18:00
Hello there

I'm new here too so I'd just like to say welcome!

I've had some hard things to cope with this year which has caused me to be anxious with lots of strange symptoms. I was thrilled to find a place that I could chat without feeling as if I was losing my mind.

You are very young and you should be living life to the full - but that can wait. If its any consolation I went to University when I was 36 and graduated when I was 40 with a 2:1 honours degree. You can wait as long as you need to live your life. You need to try and deal with what's happening now so that your life can start in earnest.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I know that's easy for me to say when I've just had to give up my job due to my anxiety and panic but you really do have your whole life ahead of you and now that you have a support group to help you through your symptoms then hopefully you will find some great advice which can help you start the first day of the rest of your life.

Please try and take one day at a time and try not to think about what you don't have - and concentrate on what you do have! This is what I'm doing at the moment and it is helping me. I treasure my dogs and I have a lovely family. My dogs keep me sane; they make me get out and have exercise and they are there for me when I'm feeling down. I know that I'm lucky in that respect.

Have you been to your doctor to get help? You obviously had a time (like me!) when you were able to cope so try to think positively and realise that there will be a time when you can cope again.

Other than that, welcome to this fantastic group. I'm sure you will find support and advice here in abundance.

xxxxx

notmyself
06-12-11, 18:35
thank you :) its been hard .. and like you my dogs keep me sane.. although the last two days have been really rough.. a chldhod dog that i grew up with was just buried yesterday.. he got out of our gate and got hit by a car.. the crying is causing my chest to feel tight and cold.. my head to pound and i know its all anxiety but the loss of someone so dear to me is making it hard to control ... I,m surrounded by my family right now and my loving bf of a year is coming to stay with me for a few days at least that should help me relax enough to sleep. i have been to doctors before.. although i do have health issues as well that sometimes feel like a panic attack.. my main worry is that i wont know the difference between a panic attack symptom and a sign of a real problem.. i lost insurance for years and i just now got some back.. i have to wait 10 days to make an appointment.. a short time in the seem of things but it feels like forever for me.. i am on paxil right now.. but it causes my symptoms to worsen sometimes and that makes me afraid to take them as i should. im just so scared that this will be me for the rest of my life... i used to enjoy waking up.. now im afraid to move out of my bed

louis
06-12-11, 22:25
You can beat your problem if i can do it anyone can. I have had to learn to manage my anxiety instead of leting it manage me. Feel free to e-mail me here so I can send you some replies and give you another e-mail address if you want to have it. I cant chat when i am at work like now so i just look in to see if anyone is in need of whatever i can offer.

notmyself
07-12-11, 02:47
ty :) and I am amazed at your strength.. i hope one day to beat this .. and i love the fact that i found this site :)