PDA

View Full Version : omeprazole and blood tests

madeuprolemodel
06-12-11, 18:39
Went to my Gp yesterday to talk to him about my tummy issues ( the upper left pain etc) anyway he wants to run some blood tests which im really scared about because all i think about is i have pancreatic cancer or something so horrible and serious like that.. anyway blood tests are tomomorw :weep:

He has also given me omeprazole.... anyone who knows of this i was just wondering when you took it etc because i didnt get home yesterday till 7pm and then took one before i hard dinner... is that ok?

Also this bit is a tad gross.... so dont read on if you have a issue with poo lol

my stool colour at the moment is a somewhat yellow/light brown is this normal?

nomorepanic
06-12-11, 18:55
Omeprazole is excellent - works very quickly. Take it with food I think at any time of the day.

Yes it is normal to have stool colour changes all the time

madeuprolemodel
06-12-11, 18:59
Thanks nicola

as i said before freaked out about pancreatic cancer and now even more scared because they want to take blood tests and i read somewhere light stool can be a symptom of that :/

spidergrrl
06-12-11, 21:13
Not only are stool color changes normal, lots of antacids cause them. If you ever take Pepto-Bismol, you'll find it turns it BLACK, which is a sign of bleeding in other cases! I know some antacids cause yellowish stool, too.

I just had blood tests with upper left stomach pain (in area of actual stomach) and it all came back normal. I think it was liver function, blood sugar, CBC, and a bunch of other stuff... H. Pylori, too. The point is, it's not common for you to get a blood test and them to say, "Oh, you have cancer." They would just see something off and want to do a different test to see what it is (and it could be quite a few things aside from cancer!).

I hope your blood tests provide you some reassurance!