PDA

View Full Version : can you live normaly

cathycrumble
06-12-11, 19:38
This is going to sound mad and I know i am not mad I just got a vivid imagination and I would say most of us on here have.

my question is people who have Blood pressure and take a pill for it do they live a normal life? Like get excited, exersize, get angry and do all the things we are ment to do in life. I have this thing in my head that when you are told you have bp you have to go careful and you can't do this and can't do that. I just cant get my head around it.

I know my thinking isn't stable at the moment as i am very anxious with things that have gone on in my life in the last 2 years. I would call it free floating anxiety. I think I know the answer to this question but sometimes it is hard to get it into my head. and I need reasurence. I can deal with lots of things I am a strong person I have been through stuff in my life. I cared for my mum with bowel cancer untill she died. She lived with me for the 12 months she was ill and my children were all young. And I nursed my ex husband after his heart attack. I have high cholestral i have a thyroid problem it was Graves desease. But BP I just cant accept. I think it is because I was soo anxious at the time they told me after my car crash that I just cant relax to have it taken although it has been ok lol I really dont think I have it I just think I am highly strung at the moment. Any advice?:unsure:

Cathy xx

crystal17
06-12-11, 20:22
Hi Cathy, dont know much about it but my dad and my aunty have had high BP for years and they take tablets for it and live a normal life, they exercise, go out, have fun, play in the snow, have a few drinks, get stressed, have arguments etc...all the things most of us do!

When did you last have it checked?

nomorepanic
06-12-11, 20:54
Cathy - your blood pressure wasn't high though was it?

Did you say you are on medication for it?

kirstynic
06-12-11, 21:06
My father in law has high blood pressure and you would never know. He is active always out walking, does long working hours is cheerful happy and just looks like a healthy normal person

cathycrumble
06-12-11, 21:57
Hi Cathy, dont know much about it but my dad and my aunty have had high BP for years and they take tablets for it and live a normal life, they exercise, go out, have fun, play in the snow, have a few drinks, get stressed, have arguments etc...all the things most of us do!

When did you last have it checked?

Thanks cyristal that is sound advice my last reading was 128/81 at the gps but at home it was 138/92 but i was panicing so can't do it anymore at home no chance.

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Yes Nicola I am on 5mg of amlodipine but the silly part about it is when I was in hospital and i was panicing I asked the nurse to give me something for my bp because it was up so she gave me the amlodipine and told me just to take the months supply and not to get a repeat perscription. But because I am a worrier I asked my gp could I stay on it and he said yes so there you go. But I was going to my gp every 2 weeks as my bp was borderline since I had my car crash. I do know that if I was a relaxed person I don't think I would have BP. but hay ho :) xx

crystal17
06-12-11, 22:01
I do feel for you. I have terrible white coat syndrome and if I panic about it then it goes through the roof. I think its only a problem if its high when you are calm and relaxed.

It sounds like you've had such alot to deal with emotionally, no wonder you are in a panic about things. You've had to care for 2 people close to you who have been very ill, that cant have been easy.

It could be that you still have feelings about that and they havent been dealt with - you could try counselling, im sure it would help to talk about what you've been through.
xxx

cathycrumble
06-12-11, 22:12
Thanks for your reply and concern and yes somtimes its what has gone on in your life and now things are okish apart from not having a job which I would love my life is good I also have a lovely man in my life now but I thing the old anxiety is still hanging around and I am focusing on the BP. But I do think if you realise this it is a step in the right direction to sorting things out and putting things into perspective thanks again. And as you say it is horrid having white coat syndrome yak lol

Cathy xx

DisneyRunner
06-12-11, 23:24
My BP is on the high end of normal I guess you'd say. So my Dr put me on a water pill to try to bring it down. I think it's only high when I get it checked since I freak out at the Drs. But who knows. Anyway, I am a marathon runner and I exercise 6 days a week. I also have a heart murmur. I have no fear that my BP or HM cause me any problems and haven't limited my activity because of them. I've been doing races since 2008 and was put on meds for my BP in early 2010.

cathycrumble
07-12-11, 00:08
WoW DisneyRunner you are an insperation And I know if I take my mind off myself I would be able to do much more. I will take onboard what you have said. I need to pack away this BP fear put it tothe back of my mind:yahoo: and live my life like I did before.

Cathy xx