PDA

View Full Version : venlafaxine side effect

patricias
06-12-11, 22:20
hi,
i am being sick and feeling sick since i changed over from citalapram 2/3 weeks ago to venalafaxine. could this be a side effect.
:unsure:

missy_c
08-12-11, 18:03
When I went on Effexor/Venlafaxine, I was rather nauseous, dizzy, felt drunk etc. (horrific side effects) for a good week or so, then gradually the side effects subsided and the medication worked out great for me. I would just give your doctor a bell if you are really worried, but I think after about four weeks I was totally side effect free.

robinbrum
08-12-11, 19:38
I took this medication for 4 months up to the max dosage. It made me chronically tired and lethargic and I gained about half a stone in the process. Awful.
i hope it works out better for you.

patricias
08-12-11, 20:06
hi, thanks for your reply`s. i am seeing the doc next week so that i good. keep thinking i should never have changed from citalpram, but then i need to give these a fair chance as well.

blackberry
12-12-11, 22:25
I have read somewher that venlafaxine can cause anorexia. Does anyone know if this is true?

chappers1980
13-12-11, 09:51
hi,
i am being sick and feeling sick since i changed over from citalapram 2/3 weeks ago to venalafaxine. could this be a side effect.
:unsure:

Hiya

I've been on venlafaxine for a week since doing a straight swap from Citalopram. I've been feeling the same, nausea is back, with a bad headache and my anxiety has gone up a bit again. I feel the same as I did when I started Citalopram so I think its definitely just side effects. It will go with time. I do find with venlafaxine i have to make sure I've eaten a fair bit before I take them, seems to be helping with the nausea whereas with Citalopram i didn't feel like i had to have eaten much.

Hope that helps x

robinbrum
13-12-11, 10:25
I have read somewher that venlafaxine can cause anorexia. Does anyone know if this is true?
It is well known(in some patients, not ALL)for adding several inches to the waistline. This could explain the anorexia for those obsessesed with their weight.