PDA

View Full Version : getting back to work

scoob
06-12-11, 22:06
Hi all,

i'm into my third month being signed off. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and am under the community mental health team after a melt down at work where I made a mistake that now means i am will be assessed under the capability procedures when/if I return. In short i burnt out and didn't realise how bad I was. I ended up with panic attacks, loss of memory, significant depressive episodes etc which ended up with me cocking up and the bosses trying to discipine me.

Sorry for the long introduction but my dr thinks I need to consider how to return to work. I have had no contact with my employers apart from telling them how long I was signed off each week and then the disciplinary investigation meeting where it was finally decided that my mistake was health related hence the capability procedure. Occupational health adivsed my employers I would be capable once treated appropriately and asked them to keep in regular contact. I got a compliment slip attached to a departmental newsletter saying " keeping you in touch" Made me feel sooo wanted!!!

I am scared to go back. My work is not a fun place to be three people have left this year due to stress, bullying etc. I really do not feel that I am wanted back but know the mortgage won't pay itself and I am a little better.

sorry to go on but my mind is a mess and i just need contact with others who have been though similar issues.

S :huh: