PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again !!!

Annie1705
07-12-11, 02:48
I have already posted over the past few days my fears that i have a brain tumour....after finally falling asleep i have just woken up in a panic as i got out of bed my legs (especially my right one) have almost given way feel like there is no strength in them I know this is a sign of a tumour so now im sat up in the middle of the night in a panic, trembling, and feel sick with worry, Any one there to help !!!!!:weep:

DisneyRunner
07-12-11, 02:55
It could have just been the way you had your legs while sleeping. I know for me on occasion I've had my knee kinda give out temporarily but it was fine.

Annie1705
07-12-11, 03:02
I have been suffering with jelly legs since saturday when i had a panic attack ...now this has happened its really scaring me im just sat here shaking wondering do i wake my husband to take me to the hospital....i cant stop trembling!!

DisneyRunner
07-12-11, 03:23
Could the jelly legs be an effect of the anxiety? Is there anything you do to try to sooth yourself when you get anxious? Warm bath, reading, music, etc? My heart goes out to you. I wish I had an answer that would ease your mind.

Annie1705
07-12-11, 03:35
Thanks for your replies ...Im hoping they are just down to anxiety, im going for blood tests later today as my doc wanted to check iron levels, full blood count etc but ive been worked up about the results to these as well...ive come down stairs and got a glass of water still feeling very scared though!!

DisneyRunner
07-12-11, 03:37
It sounds like your Dr is taking your concerns seriously, that is really good. Hang in there. I hope you can get some rest.

Annie1705
07-12-11, 09:51
I have been for my blood tests this morning and they took 6 different samples WHY so many...my GP said she was only looking at Full blood count, iron levels and blood sugar...i mentioned it to the nurse taking them and she said they are just checking everything.... again WHY does this mean my GP really does think there is something wrong thats worth checking for..... also i have to wait till monday for the results it just seems so long to wait... i cant eat/sleep as it is with worrying now to wait another 4 days is unbearable !! :weep:

Carys
07-12-11, 09:56
Annie, hiyer. You have the GP a list of symptoms and he/she is being responsible by checking that there isn't an underlying condition that could cause those symptoms. If they didn't check they would be negligent in their care of you. Unfortunately anxiety can't be tested for with bloods :winks: and only by excluding everything else can that diagnosis be made. Hang on in there, and try and think that the likelihood is that (at the worst) you have a touch of anaemia or something very minor.

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 10:32
I agree Annie I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Ambers
07-12-11, 11:15
Jelly legs is one of my main symptoms of anxiety! I have also had loads of bloods taken and all came back good. :)

Annie1705
08-12-11, 06:33
Thanks for the reasurrance however im still concerned about my jelly legs it seems to be worse in my right leg, i went for a routine eye test yesterday and she said my eyes are fine, why wont this wobbly leg go away, i dont get my blood test results till monday however i might ring tomorrow to check if they have come back.... one more thing if something was found inmy results would they ring me to tell me straight away ??

kirstynic
08-12-11, 06:45
I have read on here that some people have had phone calls the same day or day after when something has been wrong with blood tests. They always say it will take a week or so but I would call today and tomorrow just to see if they are back be nice for you to know they are fine so you can enjoy your weekend

Annie1705
08-12-11, 06:59
Well i had them taken at 8.30 yesterday morning so it was early she said they may be back fri but would more likely be monday.. if i dont get a call today i will definately ring tomorrow the waiting is just awful!

PinkRoxy
08-12-11, 07:02
Hang in there Annie. I agree though if they will call you asap if there is somethin wrong with the blood tests.
(((hug)))

Annie1705
08-12-11, 07:34
Thankyou im so nervous im very shaky today... i REALLY hope your all right and its nothing or something minor like iron levels, then i can look at finally getting some help with my anxiety if thatis what it is!!!

PinkRoxy
08-12-11, 08:16
yes I think you should def talk to someone as it will really help. I have anxiety and depression issues myself and I know talking really helps.

kah
08-12-11, 11:46
Hi there,

I totally get why you're worried. I had/have the same problem but I have actually fallen to the floor when I've got out of bed on 3 seperate occasions because my left leg has given way. I've been to the doctors loads of times and mentioned it but he doesn't seemed concerned at all and has never even ran any tests.

K xx