PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please reassure me

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 08:15
Ok I am going to have a good talk to my gp about this on Monday but I need reassuring that I am going to live and not die from cancer.

Ok twice now I have noticed a little red patch like blood on my poos sorry tmi. This was yesterday morning, I checked it today and there was no sign of blood at all well not that I can see anyway. Ok this morning in bed I had the worst pelvic pain which felt like a stomach ache in the pelvic area I am an IBS sufferer for 5 years and have known to have painful episdoes before I need to go esp if Ive been taking alot of fibre.

Last time I notced a patch of redness on my poo was about over a month ago and then I remember a few nights in a row I had terrible pelvic and tummy pain too and it feels like my bowels are inflammed and sore its like classic IBS but the red patch in the poos arent.

There was no sign of blood in my poo for the month and I didnt have much pain but now its come back.

I feel a period dull ache pain down in my pelvic area and lower back now and have done today and in my vaginal area and urgency in my bladder today.

I was just thinking it prob isnt anything like cancer as its not continously there so it must be something else and hopefully not serious.

I'm counting down the days so I can see my gp and be ok again.

Does anyone know what it could be? do you think the irritation in the bowel which caused me pain could cause a small amount of bleeding?

Please help and I need reassurance, fingers crossed thats what my gp will do too.

Em84
07-12-11, 08:45
Hi

Please don't worry

I'm not really sure about IBS or the symptoms of this as I've never had it although I remember a friend did who used to talk about it alot.

Could it be a small cut inside your passage that may have caused the blood in your stools? Like I said I'm not sure about IBS but when I have a bad episode of number 2's sometimes I see blood on wiping and stinging pain.

Defo talk to your doctor, it will prob be something quite basic as you said it's not all the time....

Could just be a diet thing
:hugs:

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 10:28
Thanks heaps.
Yeah I sometimes cut and feel sore and get blood that way but I didnt feel any strain and my poo was quite healthy.

I havent had any sign of blood today or much pain but I am getting a dull period pain in my pelvic area, lower back and running down the front of my legs tonight and its really bothering me. I have hopped into bed with a hot water bottle but its still there nagging me.

DisneyRunner
07-12-11, 14:16
Not sure if you are female, just guessing here. But is your time of the month coming soon? I have dealt with IBS for 14 years and I know when I'm either ovulating (mid-cycle) or when it's PMS time, I get much worse pain. As for the blood, if you have been sitting a lot lately, it could possibly be hemorrhoids.

Hope your Dr can help you out and it's most likely just something that is passing.

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 20:34
Thanks yeah I am a female. I am on the pill and and dont finish it till sunday so I dont even know why my body will know when its due.