PDA

View Full Version : My dogs; my saviours....

Foxtrot
07-12-11, 12:37
I have 4 dogs that I adore! They help me to get up in the morning because I have to feed them, exercise them and love them. they depend on me for everything and I won't let them down.

I have been feeling very tired lately so it's been really difficult to motivate myself but my dogs never suffer.

Aren't they just the best therapy? Where would I be without them? I just don't know.

How to I upload pics?

Thanks
Annie xxx

snowgoose
07-12-11, 14:24
Hi Annie :)
have no idea how to upload pics I am afraid ..........
but love our canine friends so much also .
What sort of dogs do you have ? will love to see pics of them or description .

I dont have dog of my own now since my beloved collie Meg died ..........but baby sit my sons beagle/basset cross when he is on shift . he is one mad dog and runs for the hills if let of leash :mad:. Arrgh

they are so comforting companions arent they ?
Mind ....you got four ? All those paws to wash after walk....and muddy tummies .
Worth it all for that cuddle and silent support when we are feeling bad .

snow xx

HypnosWisher
07-12-11, 15:08
Hi Annie,

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats and I don't know where I would be without them. when I walk them it is such a pleasure and joy, though sometimes the male is naughty!! :noangel:

I have a Westie and she is 7 months old and is really well behaved and great guarddog. Her name is Maisie. The boy is a Bichon Frise and he is Buddy and he is 9 months old. He is a little git at times!! The other day I took him out and these lovely ladies came over and made a fuss and offered him a treat, instead he nicked her glove and ran off with it :mad: though I had to laugh. I feel sorry for him as every male dog he sees tried to hump him :roflmao:

The cats and dogs are not the best of friends. Just last night as we were all going to bed, the alpha male cat Alfie was lying on their bed asleep and Maisie didn't see him and went to jump in bed and she landed on Alfie and a punch up started. Poor girl. she got scratched and was pining for comfort and hugs :hugs:

reglois
27-08-12, 19:42
I have 7 dogs, all rescues, as Foxtrot says, they are the reason I kept going, they all have problems from their past lives, one was found hanging anf has severe fit problems due to this, another I took from the owner as she was beating it yet again because it ran away, wonder why? 2 are ex breeding bitches from puppy farms, dreadful state both of them and no idea about life outside of a cage, one comes from the streets of Spain where she has been pelted with stones etc, an ex laboratory beagle and a mini york used as a football, three of her legs are damaged and one is missing. They need me and I need them and I am now off Seroplex (2 weeks) and beginning to turn the corner.

little scientist
29-08-12, 09:41
I have 6 rats! they are fantastic therapy for me :) not just in how lovely, funny and clever they are, but the care required for them gives me a bit of structure. They *have* to be taken care of so things like cleaning them help form part of a routine for me which is good :)

Tish
29-08-12, 20:41
I have 7 dogs, all rescues, as Foxtrot says, they are the reason I kept going, they all have problems from their past lives, one was found hanging anf has severe fit problems due to this, another I took from the owner as she was beating it yet again because it ran away, wonder why? 2 are ex breeding bitches from puppy farms, dreadful state both of them and no idea about life outside of a cage, one comes from the streets of Spain where she has been pelted with stones etc, an ex laboratory beagle and a mini york used as a football, three of her legs are damaged and one is missing. They need me and I need them and I am now off Seroplex (2 weeks) and beginning to turn the corner.
Ahh, bless you for taking these dogs in and giving them a loving home :flowers:

Annie0904
29-08-12, 21:08
Instead of posting quick reply, click on go advanced then you can upload attachments. I have attached a photo of my cat Chai. He stays mainly indoors but likes to go in the garden with his harness and lead:)

camperlady
07-11-12, 14:07
i can,t agree more, at my worst i was bought a little shorkie puppy by my family for my 50th birthday, yorkie/shih tzu, i had always had dogs n bred yorkshire terriers at one time, my kids knew i needed something to help me turn the corner, n turn the corner i did, as anyone knows who as had a puppy, they take up a lot of your time, feeding, training but most of all the love they need and give back to you is the greatest healer of all, he,s been something to get up for, he needs to go out dosn,t he?, needs feeding, brushing and playing with too, he,s now 2 yrs old n i,m weaning myself off my ad,s, n if ever i feel bad hes always there for a hud, a lick n to wrap himself round my neck on back of couch, bless him, hes my saviour for defo xx :hugs::woof, this little cartoon dog is just like him,lol