PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

RichTees
07-12-11, 13:32
Now you may think this a little odd but I've actually registered on this forum at a very odd time because I'm actually coming to say hello now that I've actually got the whole panic thing beaten :huh:

I started suffering from anxiety and panic attacks back in 1995. I was prescribed Propranolol and also saw various counsellors etc. over the years (CBT was the only one which actually helped me understand what was happening and taught me how to cope with it).

In total I was taking the Propranolol for 15 years but about 3 weeks ago realised that I probably hadn't needed it for a long time and was just using it as a safety net. So I dispensed with it and actually feel better, not worse :yesyes:

For the first time since 1995 I actually feel totally back to normal and I hoped that perhaps I might be able to pass on some of my experience to those who are suffering and also to let you know that this thing can be controlled and eventually beaten :)

nomorepanic
07-12-11, 13:33
Hi RichTees

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

HeadInAJar
07-12-11, 13:41
Hi Richtees, great to hear you are feeling much better now :)