PDA

View Full Version : would they have called me by now?

cattia
07-12-11, 15:47
Well, it's been over 24 hours since my blood test which I got because of my night sweats. I should get the result tomorrow as apparently it only takes two days now. If it was leukaemia do you think they would have called me already or will they leave it until my Dr gets the results tomorrow? My anxiety about this is horrible. I am also really worried the bloods will show something inconclusive and I will have more anxious waiting to do.

crystal17
07-12-11, 17:44
I'm waiting for results too, had blood test yesterday morning and if it was anything very urgent they would definitely get in touch.
There may be something not serious which your doctor will discuss with you, but if it was something that indicated cancer they wouldn't wait.

cattia
07-12-11, 18:33
Thank you Crystal, I hope your results come back ok, the waiting is so awful isn't it. I did once have a blood test that showed my blood sugar was very low and they did call me that evening, and when they didn't get through they sent an out of hours Dr to my house to find me, so that gives me some hope that it is a good thing I have heard nothing yet.

crystal17
07-12-11, 18:38
Thankyou x Yes its awful waiting, wondering what on earth they may find in there!

Wow thats crazy about them sending a doctor round to your house, just proves that they will track you down if its something that threatens your health immediately.

Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow.

Liliana83
07-12-11, 19:32
Try to relax...keep us posted.

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 20:31
If its anything serious to report then they will call you right away.
Usually with this sort of thing they wont call you at all if your tests dont show anything, Ive noticed that with my doctors anyway and I am then ringing them up to chase them up. But when I had glandular fever they called me pretty much right away.

So yeah if they havent called I would take it your blood tests were fine.