PDA

View Full Version : cold feeling in chest please help

notmyself
07-12-11, 17:32
ive been getting this for days on end... cold feeling in the middle of my chest.. pain in my lower back and on my left side whenever i lay on that side... i also have dry mouth so bad that my throat always feels swollen .. even though i know its not.. has anyone else ever felt this before??? is it anxiety or something more???

lou597
07-12-11, 22:53
yes i get that cold sensation in my chest, head, and legs. And dry mouth often occurs as a result, or during a panic attack.

Maxine1001
07-12-11, 23:20
Yeah I get that, often followed by a tingling sensation and numbness in my limbs

eva82
08-12-11, 00:02
Me too!!! Thought I was the only one since I don't remember seeing a post about this before. When I'm really anxious (usually in the mornings) I wake up with a cold feeling inside my chest. Sometimes I get those internal shakes too. It usually goes away when I take my lorazepam so I'm pretty sure it's anxiety related!

MaxHeadroom
08-12-11, 10:36
It's most likely to be caused by acid reflux due to the over production of adrenalin. You may also feel a cold sensation when you swallow. Try taking Rennes or something similar. Avoid overly hot or cold drinks. Avoid citric fruits.

Tingling sensation is an issue of over sensitised nerves. Remember that the whole body is an organ of anxiety, not just the stomach or the bowels. It will pass once the anxiety and the residual anxiety leaves the body.

notmyself
08-12-11, 22:43
thanks alot guys :) i do feel way better about it now .. im petty sure its gas as i have pains in the left side of my chest.. and i was told that is also caused by anxiety and acid reflux..