PDA

View Full Version : Relapse - depressed

mike_coventry_uk
07-12-11, 20:12
I ain't wrote on here for a while.....

I had severe health anxiety centered around cancer fears over the past 3 years but have been ok for a good 6 months but recently I have been over worrying again :(

I have had a gland up in my shoulder area for 6 months it has not changed in size at all and at least 6 health pros have checked and r not worried.

I have been having problems with thick saliva and a few mornings in the last month I noticed a tiny streak of blood in my phlegm,this worked me up and docs sed I may have oral thrush(I am been treated now for this)

The last 3 days I have been feeling lightheaded n weak and tired and I'm now worrying something more is wrong :(

I was doing so well now I feel I'm a let down to myself n girlfriend,work and family

Anyone else relapsed?

Mike

snowgoose
07-12-11, 21:37
Hi Mike
yes I think we all are at risk of relapse when tired or stressed .....the anxiety monster rears its head when we feel vulnerable . :mad:

Dont be spooked by this latest worry re a bit blood in phlegm ......very normal indeed Mike if our mucous membranes in throat and airways get dry and secretions stuck . Thrush is not nice but will clear up quickly with meds .

You keep going as you are and dont let the thoughts get a hold .
Tell them to Shoo !!!
I do ...........but not such nice language :blush:

You are fine .
snow x

MarkJames3
07-12-11, 21:42
You are not alone, i've had HA for 3 years and pretty much for the most of last year 2010 until March this year, i was doing well and feeling near myself again, i could focus on things and plan things, but i have relapsed in a bad way these past few months.

I know how you feel about letting yourself and others down, its completely normal.... I guess we have just got to fight it... It will be ok in the end, it always is :D

mike_coventry_uk
08-12-11, 07:29
Cheers guys.....

I guess I just feel like I let myself get back into this Tate it's all about the power of the mind and I think I have been weak recently!

It's the whole situation of 'is it anxiety?' I guess been ok for a while makes you question wether this time it's something really wrong :(

Thanks again tho like you say I'm sure things will be ok.