PDA

View Full Version : Stomach ache and scared!

cheesy pete
07-12-11, 21:10
Hi,

Really worried yet again. Stomach has been playing up pretty much all week. Not very painful but uncomfortable and has been bothering me for a number of days now. Keep thinking something sinister. I have a small hiatus hernia and had the usual indigestion and symptoms occurred earlier in the week but these have now subsided and it just seems to be stomach which won't settle and feel normal.

Am i over-reacting????

SomeOddworld
07-12-11, 21:27
I imagine the anxiety is only making it worse, you should really see a doc to put your mind at ease.

You may be overreacting, but like I said, go talk to someone to be sure.

crystal17
07-12-11, 21:31
I would suggest going and speaking to your GP about it but remember that stomach and other digestive problems are a common symptom of anxiety and depression.

cheesy pete
07-12-11, 22:38
Thanks for the replies. I'll see how i can get on but if this continues i will go and see my gp (yet again!!!)

PinkRoxy
08-12-11, 06:39
I get that and have been diagnosed with Irritable bowel syndrome. I agree go and talk to your gp about it because they will do some tests on you and you'll prob have Irritable bowel syndrome too.

cheesy pete
11-12-11, 16:42
Been better the last few days and started to feel happier and then it strikes again this morning. Feel bloated, don't really feel like eating and generally uncomfortable. Will definitely go and visit the gp :weep:

Ceece
11-12-11, 18:51
Hi Pete
I also have the burping and bloatedness you have. Do hernia symptoms do that to you? I am having a scan tomorrow and am so scared of what it may be. The doc is not unduly worried tho.

jeezo678
11-12-11, 19:10
I would suggest going and speaking to your GP about it but remember that stomach and other digestive problems are a common symptom of anxiety and depression.

Top advice.

Ceese. Are you taking any medication? For your stomach issues? Like antacids or the likes? Zantac works and its buy from the supermarket but also bear in mind incorrect or worse still lack of food will give you the symptoms you have.

Oh and by the way. The doc isn`t worried as he knows whats happening here.

Ceece
11-12-11, 19:44
Top advice.

Ceese. Are you taking any medication? For your stomach issues? Like antacids or the likes? Zantac works and its buy from the supermarket but also bear in mind incorrect or worse still lack of food will give you the symptoms you have.

Oh and by the way. The doc isn`t worried as he knows whats happening here.

Hi Jeez, thank you for the reply. Yes I am on Lanzoprazol, doc has upped dozage to help. Not eating properly and still got symptoms tho and had a really bad day with worrying again. Even tho doc gave me some valium tohelp calm me down. Scared of my scan tomorrow.

cheesy pete
11-12-11, 19:50
Hey Ceece,

I do have bloatedness and burping a lot and i do think it will be down to the hernia. Best of luck with the scan tomorrow, i'm sure it will go well. Let us know how it goes and will be thinking of you

Ceece
11-12-11, 20:06
Thank you I will let you know how it goes.

Ceece
12-12-11, 22:19
Hi, My scan was ok, no lump. I do have a fatty liver but they said it is very common. I am so relieved. Thank you for the suppost.

cheesy pete
15-12-11, 21:21
That's good to hear Ceece. They said exactly the same about my liver as well.

jeezo678
15-12-11, 21:47
The doc is not unduly worried tho.

There you go mate. He knew your worry was unjustified.
Glad things went well.