PDA

View Full Version : Im panicking..now

hannah26
07-12-11, 22:33
My hands feel really sort of numb, tense and hurting and like they are just going to stop working I cant help but think my whole body will juts freeze up and stop working, my head feels weird and a bit dizzy, My eyes feel blurry is this it is my body giving up.
Of course its not I knwo that its just panic but now my head is having a numb feeling in it im scared please help.

I dont like this

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

My breathing is funny now and I have pain in my head, its just anxiety isnt it, I know itis I have had it all before.
Why is this still happening to me, Im on medication now I thought it would stop.

thepanicman
07-12-11, 22:43
You're probably panicking now because you're getting the symptoms you thought had been dealt with. I've just been through a similar thing with a tooth extraction.

As to your original question, you're just panicking. Try some deep breathing into a paper bag or your hands. I find it helps to laugh at my symptoms (which may or may not help).

I once managed to count 9 different head pains at the same time. See if you can beat that.

fluff
07-12-11, 22:50
sorry you feeling like this you will be ok:hugs:things will get better

MaxHeadroom
08-12-11, 10:39
Your body is not giving up. It is working as it should. Any medication is not a total guard against anxiety. But don't let this alarm you.

You need to inhale slowly to the count of 3 and exhale to the count of 6. Do this through the day and when you feel anxious.

Nothing you've experienced is abnormal or strange. Take reassurance in that.