PDA

View Full Version : doing ok

cathycrumble
07-12-11, 23:54
Well so far so good on these pills and considering no one answered my question about them and everyone is having a shit time on the SSRI I think i am lucky as no side effects apart from a stuffy nose and a good nights sleep can't be bad:D

Cathy xx

haz
08-12-11, 00:14
Hi Cathy,

I'm glad you're feeling better on the amitryptline. The side effects should wear off soon.

I responded to your post about them and so did some others.

Haz. x

cathycrumble
08-12-11, 00:21
Haz yes you did and you did stick in my mind I was just being a bit of a well you know what I mean as some people just think the old AD don't work but I would say I seem to be doing ok on them but thanks for your reply :D

Cathy xx

haz
08-12-11, 00:40
You're welcome. :)

It's been almost twenty years since I was on amitryptline so I honestly can't remember what/if any side effects I had on them but as I was on Imipramine (very similar) this time last year I was able to share my experience on them.

Most GP's will prescribe SSRI's as a "first choice" medication mainly because that is the NHS guidelines. SSRI's are "advertised" as having less side effects than the older tricyclics but in my experience they just have "different" side effects. Also SSRI's are safer if taken in overdose which is another reason they are considered "safer" but I'm sure that's something you won't have to worry about! Another factor is alcohol is safer when mixed with SSRI's as opposed to tricyclics although I drank socially on both! I don't drink alcohol any more as I don't like the way it makes me feel anymore. I would caution you to limit your alcohol intake on amitryptline though.

Good Luck and I really hope these continue to make you feel better.

Haz. x

cathycrumble
08-12-11, 01:19
OH gosh you have made me think as I have had just over half a bottle of red wine tonight only because it was an order i got delivered for xmas and i fancied opening a bottle and then you say watch your alcohol intake it is funny really as I rang a cousin of mine she takes 10mg for phantom pain as she lost her arm through medical neglagenc. and she said it would be ok I feel ok up to now lol just off to bed now hope i will be ok. :huh: Sorry i am not a good speller lol

Cathy xx

nicola1980
08-12-11, 09:18
Glad ur getting on with them :D hopefully these will be your 'magic' pills :D xx

pinkdove
08-12-11, 11:11
Hi Cathy, so glad you are getting on ok with amitryptyline, hopefully you will settle on that, and not have the worry of changing. good luck x

cathycrumble
08-12-11, 23:20
Thannks guys :hugs:

Cathy xx

haz
09-12-11, 00:55
Did you feel OK this morning after the wine? I think the main reason they warn you about mixing them with alcohol is that you might feel more drowsy/sleepy. Does it say "Avoid Alcohol" on the prescription label?

Haz.x

cathycrumble
21-12-11, 22:42
Did you feel OK this morning after the wine? I think the main reason they warn you about mixing them with alcohol is that you might feel more drowsy/sleepy. Does it say "Avoid Alcohol" on the prescription label?

Haz.x

Yes Haz it does say avoid but since being on them I have missed a few as been out drinking but I have realized I am not feeling any better still got anxiety so now I have decided to give them my full attention and not have alcohol for now. I am taking 50mg at the moment and my gp said to go up to 75mg middle of jan. God I hope they work for me.

Cathy xx