PDA

View Full Version : in a daze

elvin
08-12-11, 08:10
my mind never stops raceing and i feel like im detached can anxiety cause all these feelings i also get pins and nedles all down my arms im so tired of all this

JBK
08-12-11, 09:20
In my opinion anxiety and obsession go hand in hand. I have insomnia cased by that racing mind thing. I have bouts with that "detached" feeling usually after a big anxiety event. And it can get worse after I focus on it. This feeling is extremely common for anxiety sufferers especially those who suffer from health anxiety because of our tendency to obsess over how we feel. Some believe that it is the result of an exhausted mind due to the constant onslaught of anxiety or obsessive thoughts. This makes good since to me. Just search this forum for the word "detached". There are lots of posts discussing this exact feeling. Once you start to realize that it is a symptom of your anxiety the logical mind takes over and your over awareness of the feeling fades and it turn the symptom fades. Also, pins and needles are a very common physiological effect of anxiety. Just think what anxiety really is, Fear. Fear is evolutionarily important for our survival. It is built to prepare your body and your mind for an encounter with danger. Fight or Flight. It has unlimited connections to your body and mind and therefore can cause just about every symptom you can imagine. Distraction is a good tool to relieve these symptoms but when I can’t get away from them I like to turn my obsessive mind over to analyzing that logical chain of events that fear is built to produce and it helps my logical mind explain it away. A lot of times I will actually write it down as if I where explaining it to someone. I guess the point is that all these symptoms just seem to be the physiological and psychological result of a heightened fear state and an obsessive mind. To quote a corny 80’s cartoon, “Knowing is half the battle”. This has been my experience anyway. Hope it helps.

elvin
08-12-11, 09:59
thanks for the reply its just that i can not get this thought out of my mind that im going crazy

lou597
08-12-11, 20:56
the feeling is absolutely horrible...especially as no-one seems to understand what it feels like.

i found that exercise helps with the detatched feelings but first you have to motivate yourself to actually get out and exercise lol.