PDA

View Full Version : Back and worried.... leukemia this time.

belle
08-12-11, 10:32
This has been going on for a while, all my problems.

Started off with pain in my left side, like something is swollen in there, then started a pain in the top of my right shoulder that just wouldn't go/hasn't gone. Then i noticed my wrist/jaw and ankle bone was giving me the same kind of pain, also when i rub the top of my foot, i get a tingling sensation down my little toe and the 2 next to it, which is strange... I've been waking up in the middle of the night DRIPPING in sweat for ages and now i constantly feel like i have run a marathon. Breathless isn't the word. I have to rest just getting up the stairs, oh and i have lost weight without trying.... :(

Scared poopless to be honest...

nomorepanic
08-12-11, 10:35
Have you seen the doc about this and had any blood tests done?

belle
08-12-11, 10:49
Can never get an appointment... Been trying for a week now.

nomorepanic
08-12-11, 11:27
They may be able to reassure you that it isn't anything serious.

Can you not book an appointment at all?

belle
08-12-11, 11:32
Nope. I've called at 8am every morning, only to have the phone line engaged, then when i do get through, all the appointments have gone... So i'm then told to call back at 2 when more appointments are released, only to have the same happen again... It's shocking.

crystal17
08-12-11, 19:14
Can you book one 2 weeks in advance? If so just do that and then keep trying every day to get a same day app.

nomorepanic
08-12-11, 19:15
Can you go down there and sit on their doorstep - that is what I do when the surgery opens at 8.30am

belle
09-12-11, 10:18
I managed to get a telephone consultation, who them managed to get me an appointment in the 'fully booked' surgery and i had my bloods done this morning....

The doctor i see now is amazing. She's SO understanding and i told her exactly what i thought and she said she'd rather me come in than be panicking at home :)

cattia
09-12-11, 13:40
I have just been through this exact same thing. It started when I had flu, then I got over that but started to feel very tired, I have had night sweats so badly that I am having to change my night shirt two or three times a night, and I have also lost weight. I had my bloods done on Monday and got the results back yesterday - all normal! So I guess a virus or plain old anxiety can cause these symptoms.