PDA

View Full Version : another new member...

brokenangel
03-06-06, 00:11
hi everyone...
just thought i'd introduce myself quickly.
i'm ruth, i'm 22, from the uk. i have anxiety disorder/ocd...also anorexia/bulimia, depression, borderline personality disorder, ptsd and all the symptoms that go with that nice little list!!
i've been ill for 12 years, in and out of hospital (for anorexia, bulimia and following suicide attempts) for the past 6 years. i'm struggling a lot at the moment, although i think overall i might finally be getting somewhere.
looking forward to the support i've already seen this board could provide...it's always nice to be able to say what's going on to people who you know genuinly do understand.
thanks for reading [8)]

ruth

tammyg
03-06-06, 00:20
Hi and a warm welcome to you,

That is a long list but you will find people here who have/have had similar problems.

It's good to hear that overall you think you might be getting somwhere. A little positivity can do the world of good. Talking to people who understand will hopefully help even more.

I hope you get the support you are looking for.

Tammy x

marie ross
03-06-06, 01:32
Hi Ruth,

Welcome to the forum, i hope you find a lot of help here. I thought that no-one else understood what i was going through, but since i've been here everyone has been so kind and helpful and at long last i''m with people that understand.

Take care.

Marie XXX

giddy
03-06-06, 07:29
Welcome to the forum Ruth
Love Helen

Daisybun
03-06-06, 10:13
Hi Ruth and welcome. there are a lot of people on here who are suffering just like you. Just remember that you are not alone but be positive that you can beat this and get better. You'll find lots of support and help to get you through

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

bluesparkle
03-06-06, 13:28
hi ruth
welcome to no more panic...
this is a great place to be... and you will make some good firends...
people here will understand totally how you are feeling and there will always be someone along to answer any questions that you have...
have a really good look around its great to know you are not alone
take care
rach

shell100
03-06-06, 14:28
hey ruth
heres hello from one new member to another xx
hugs
michelle
xx

trac67
03-06-06, 14:55
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

fizzbomb
03-06-06, 15:48
hi ruth
welcome to the forum,youll make lots of new friends and get some really useful info

love joanne

shiv
03-06-06, 15:57
Hello there and welcome

Shiv x

scoobygirl2005
03-06-06, 16:34
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

brokenangel
03-06-06, 17:03
thank you for the warm welcome! :)

ruth

Karen
04-06-06, 12:38
Hi Ruth

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

I also am experiencing anorexia/bulimia at present and am in a day hospital treatment programme. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help support you with this.

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

manmoor
04-06-06, 13:50
Hi Ruth,

You will be made very welcome here. Lots of advice and friendly people all under one roof.

Take Care

Mandyx

brokenangel
05-06-06, 04:30
thanks Karen and Mandy.

Karen - i'm also on a daycare programme although i find it really hard to get myself there. i haven't been for about 6 weeks now, which isn't good at all. i also get frightened that going and having to eat there will trigger a binge. it shouldn't, and i know i should face it and learn to deal with it, but i'd rather not bother. so many shoulds... [Ugh] i was an inpatient in that unit for 5 months until last christmas, so it isn't somewhere i enjoy spending even more time at! oh well. needs must, i suppose. thank you for your support. i hope you're holding up ok, it's a horrible illness and so draining.

thanks for the link you posted. through the second one i found posts on depersonalisation - i'm struggling with that so much at the moment, it's like i totally switch off from myself and everything, i can't connect to the world, i can barely see anything as my vision is all blurry, it's like the world is moving in fast motion and i'm moving too slow...it scares me. just knowing that it isn't only me helps somewhat. and i never knew it was a symptom of my anxiety, maybe that will help me rationalise it a bit next time it happens. i always feel like i've finally totally lost the plot!! [:O][B)][Sigh...]

ruth

Alexandra
06-06-06, 14:07
Hi Ruth

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

nomorepanic
06-06-06, 19:30
Hi Ruth

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope you get loads of support and advice.

Nicola