PDA

View Full Version : dr weekes downloads

wendywench1975
08-12-11, 14:00
hi everyone
its been ages since ive been on here ,,, i have been in recovery for so long and have even managed to go back to college and have started to train to become a counsellor ,, however just latley my health anxiety has returned and i seem to be feeling rather crappy ,,,if it not one thing its another and im slowley letting it all get to me again xxxxx been looking around for dr weekes free downloads (which i found a god send when i was at my worst )self help that we used to have on here . but cant seem to find them anywhere ,,, does anyone have them ??? would really make a difference to me if i could get hold of them xxxx
thank you x
wendy

Mindful
08-12-11, 19:56
I have her cd and just the tone of her voice soothes me lol... she talks such sense in a calm way, a must in anyones anxiety toolkit.

nomorepanic
08-12-11, 20:05
Wendy

I will PM you about this as I was asked to remove the downloads I had on here

lauz_lea
08-12-11, 20:23
If anyone has them, is there any way of forwarding them? I tried the download thing but I just kept getting sent video links from an American chappy

cathycrumble
08-12-11, 23:01
I have this one if it is any help

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/relax.html#HowToRecover

cathy xx

akira
09-12-11, 00:21
I'd really like to get hold of these too as I've found her books very useful.

Chronic911
09-12-11, 09:05
@ akira>>>>>PM me, I have them if you are interested.

wendywench1975
09-12-11, 09:06
dr weekes is fantastic and helped me through some very dark and unhappy times xxxxx ive just ordered the book from ebay and a friend is giving me the downloads again so im a very happy lady ,,,, ive suffered with health anxiety for over 15 years (undigusinosed ) for many of them ,, and have bbeen in recovery for over 2 years since having lots of counselling and also some cbt ,,, ive had to except that im a nervious person and very sensitive and will have to get used to knowing that anxiety will always be part of my life , however it the way i deal with it from now on ,,, i think i got over confident and thats why i here today ,,, i need reminding of the journey ive been on and a big fat kick up the bum xxx hope to chat to you all soon xxxx wendy x

Chronic911
09-12-11, 09:23
Have you ever had to use medication Wendy? I am also a chronic health anxiety sufferer. I am just starting back to meditate regularly. I think anxiety and panic are lifelong conditions that one must always keep in check. Moderate aerobic exercise use to help me so much, but now it does not seem to impact my anxiety that much anymore....not quite sure why that is. I still ride a stationary bike about 20 minutes each day and that does help some, especially right after the exercise session.:)

wendywench1975
09-12-11, 11:24
hi hun xx no ive never taken medication , cause i was always to paranoid to start them ,, ive tried medtation but just cant seem to switch off enough for it to be productive i also have a problem with my breathing techneique lol ,,, ive really gotten through with determination and lots of love n support ,,, and counselling ,, lot n lots of counselling x i must admit that just latley ive not been excercising which i know isnt helping and when i can fine my motivation i will defo get back into it ,, i cant do alot of full on arobic excersise as i have dodgy knees and now my backs playing up ,, but am thinking of starting swimming again ,, its just hard when you reach that brick wall and need to take that final step to get over ,,, been here so many times before ,,, just so fustrating some times xxx

lleksam
09-12-11, 19:06
I can not say how good her book was. I have never heard anyone explain so well how I feel and why I feel like I do.

I'm amazed.

Thank you for making me aware of this wonderful lady.