PDA

View Full Version : must to watch this weekend

Granny Primark
08-12-11, 14:08
Pierce morgan interviews Peter Andre who talks about panic attacks. I just hope after people see this they may have a bit more understanding.

Gemma T
08-12-11, 14:16
Whens that on and what channel?

Granny Primark
08-12-11, 14:36
ITV and I thinks its on after Xfactor. The preview shows him telling that it was the one of the worst experiences hes had in his life and how he thought he was dying.

Littlehelper123
08-12-11, 14:37
thank god ! Finally something about how bad panic attacks are on tv ! x

daintydi
08-12-11, 14:47
I saw the preview..... I wonder how many people thought. I hear ya brother!!!

robinbrum
08-12-11, 14:53
Can anyone really take Peter Andre seriously?

Alabasterlyn
08-12-11, 15:16

My thoughts exactly :roflmao:

nicola1980
08-12-11, 15:19
I saw the preview and set it 2 record already :D x x

Granny Primark
08-12-11, 15:22
well personally I always give people the benefit of the doubt cus I was always the life and soul of the party but I started suffering with them.

debs71
08-12-11, 15:28

Bit cynical isn't it?

Why shouldn't they? He has always spoken very openly and on several occasions about his panic attacks and breakdown.

Everyone who has mental health problems should be glad someone as high profile as he is talks about it IMO, whatever their motives may or may not be.:shrug:

I will be interested to watch it.

Granny Primark
08-12-11, 15:39
I give credit to anyone that openly speaks about something that used to be taboo. My job and the amount of hours I worked finally wore me down. Im not ashamed to say that previous to this I never understood.
I get frustrated when I find out that people have more sympathy for people that have a broken leg than a broken mind.

missy_c
08-12-11, 16:41
I saw the preview and really want to watch it...even though Piers makes me very aggressive and want to punch the telly! Wonder if there's a way to watch it with just Andre in it? :-) Seriously though, I hope it brings about some better awareness, as its something I've suffered from for years, and I have also had three breakdowns...

sickandtired
08-12-11, 17:43
well said Lynn and Debs
when i saw Peter crying in the preview....omg my own tears came ,like a tidal wave (i,d just had a meltdown that day) i will definitely be watching it and hopefully my hubby will.ive finally told him whats wrong with me.......not much of a reply,not even a hug......in fact ......silence.... :weep:

mallan82450
08-12-11, 18:55
@robinbrum

Let's hope people take you seriously when you're panicking.

Mindful
08-12-11, 19:35
@robinbrum

Let's hope people take you seriously when you're panicking.

That was rather catty. But each to their own.

Its hard to take someone seriously when they say they have panic attacks yet fly all over the world, sing ( i cant even think straight when i panic) in front of thousands of people.

debs71
08-12-11, 20:01
That was rather catty. But each to their own.

Its hard to take someone seriously when they say they have panic attacks yet fly all over the world, sing ( i cant even think straight when i panic) in front of thousands of people.

That means nothing to be honest.

Many people lead functioning lives but still have either HAD problems with panic attacks, or still have them. Not everyone who has panic attacks is paralysed 24/7 by them.

I travel alone frequently, sit on planes on the edge of panic, but I still do it anyway.

Also, everyone has their triggers. Clearly, he can get through stage shows.

Some people can perform to/be in the company of many people and not panic at all, and yet others can be in a room with a only one person and be panicking off the scale.

Mindful
08-12-11, 20:12
That means nothing to be honest.

Many people lead functioning lives but still have either HAD problems with panic attacks, or still have them. Not everyone who has panic attacks is paralysed 24/7 by them.

I travel alone frequently, sit on planes on the edge of panic, but I still do it anyway.

Also, everyone has their triggers. Clearly, he can get through stage shows.

Some people can perform to/be in the company of many people and not panic at all, and yet others can be in a room with a only one person and be panicking off the scale.
Err it means nothing to you, in my world it means a lot, someone who jets off around the world and sings in front of thousands, someone who loves every second of the limelight compared to someone (my world, MY opinion, very much means something to me ok? ) who felt fear 24/7, trapped in their own cycle of fear or fear for year after year.!

debs71
08-12-11, 21:15
Err it means nothing to you, in my world it means a lot, someone who jets off around the world and sings in front of thousands, someone who loves every second of the limelight compared to someone (my world, MY opinion, very much means something to me ok? ) who felt fear 24/7, trapped in their own cycle of fear or fear for year after year.!

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't trying to cause offence!!

I meant 'that means nothing' in terms of him flying around the world, as in SOME people (but not all as you cannot, and I'm sorry for that) can still do that but be a panic sufferer.

I do know myself what panic attacks feel like. I have had them for 9 years, and have been in the same cycles you have.

If you find the post offensive, I apologise.

Jees.:shrug:

thetube82
08-12-11, 21:43
lets hope he talks some truth/sense about panic attacks, it makes my blood boil when i see that 'doctor bloke' on I'm a Celeb lying celebs down/giving them oxygen/etc when they are in panic, totally gives out the wrong messages to people doing all that nonesense!!

thetube82

mallan82450
08-12-11, 23:08
Think someone's got a bee in their bonnet.

robinbrum
09-12-11, 00:41
My fault for stirring up the bees nest with what was just a throw-away comment/observation. I'm sure Peter Andre is a nice bloke but I'm sorry I can't take his "suffering" as seriously as some of the people I read about on here - there just is no comparison. And yes I am very cynical about "celebrities" whose lives are living soap operas. Has he got a record to plug maybe and nobody really interested?
Oh slap my cynical wrists:roflmao:
By the way having suffered all my life with panic attacks I know just how debilitating they can be.

macc noodle
09-12-11, 07:15

Thinks that someone should be a bit more respectful of other people's opinions.

Amazing that this thread was started by Granny P in good faith letting everyone know about the show and somehow it has ended up as a bit divisive with people decrying Peter Andre's suffering as a measure against their own problems.

I have suffered crippling panic attacks in the past - to the point where I felt I just could not leave the room on occasions BUT I had to leave the room because to stay in there would have more than likely meant that I would still be in that room today.

The point I am trying to make (although probably clumsily) is that we all have suffered from some mental health issues which is why we are here and it defies belief that we can be so critical of someone in the public eye actually sharing his experience with the media - exposure of mental health suffering is only to be congratulated IMO since it does at least two things

(1) it shows sufferers that there is hope that you can manage your problems

(2) it demonstrates to the public at large that no matter how successful you are, no matter how much money is in the bank, mental health problems can occur to anyone in any situation.

And as I pause for breath ........................ just wanted to add, I shall be interested to hear what he has to say ......................

:D

Magic
09-12-11, 08:32
I have seen the trailer of this program. I will watch it. Who ever is been interviewed I will be watching. Panic attacks or not.
Thank you granny P.I know something of your history of panic attacks as I have met you so it's so good of you to post about the program xx

Mindful
09-12-11, 08:43
Jees.:shrug: Pity you added this part on the end, you were sounding so sincere up until then.

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

Care to elaborate? Or are you just trying to sitr the pot?

Goes to show we may be suffering nervous illness but the claws still work perfectly eh ..well done

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

My fault for stirring up the bees nest with what was just a throw-away comment/observation. I'm sure Peter Andre is a nice bloke but I'm sorry I can't take his "suffering" as seriously as some of the people I read about on here - there just is no comparison. And yes I am very cynical about "celebrities" whose lives are living soap operas. Has he got a record to plug maybe and nobody really interested?
Oh slap my cynical wrists:roflmao:
By the way having suffered all my life with panic attacks I know just how debilitating they can be.

+1

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Thinks that someone should be a bit more respectful of other people's opinions.

Amazing that this thread was started by Granny P in good faith letting everyone know about the show and somehow it has ended up as a bit divisive with people decrying Peter Andre's suffering as a measure against their own problems.

:D

On the one hand you are saying people should be more respectful of others opinions and then with the other you are directing your comment at me and having a pop at MY opinion..thats not very respectful is it? :huh: Preach what you practice or dont preach at all springs to my mind.

Suffering can be compared, and is!

Someone who has the occasional attack does not suffer in the same way as someone who suffers 24/7. Not to say that those occasional attacks are less severe at the time for that person.

mallan82450
09-12-11, 10:38
Hahaha . . . . Oh dear we have all got our knickers in a twist!

*walks away singing . . . Whoa, whoa, whoooa, mys-ter-ious girl . . . *

debs71
09-12-11, 11:00
Mindful.

We are all sufferers on this forum. Have you conveniently forgotten that?? I apologised to you, not that I felt I should have done.

The 'jees' was sheer exasperation about having to say sorry for something misconstrued entirely by yourself. It is incredible to me that people who are supposed to be suffering from anxiety/panic can be so self-indulgent and wrapped up in their own panic/problems that they inflict nausea on other sufferers after a valid point being made about ANOTHER high profile sufferer.

You should spend more time focusing on getting better, and less time starting arguments with other fellow sufferers on an open forum, who are just as entitled to an opinion as you.

Frankly, you can DO ONE with your rudeness.

Is that sincere enough for you?

Littlehelper123
09-12-11, 11:27
Peter Andre is one of the most genuine people according to ITV producers. My mum went on a trip to Australia with some of the itv producers and they said that He's really lovely but not the brightest in the bunch and that Katie price is the fake one. lol. I love Peter he's so friendly and he's a great Dad

Mindful
09-12-11, 13:03
Hahaha . . . . Oh dear we have all got our knickers in a twist!

*walks away singing . . . Whoa, whoa, whoooa, mys-ter-ious girl . . . *

lol that make me chuckle :D

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Mindful.

Frankly, you can DO ONE with your rudeness.

Is that sincere enough for you?:ohmy:

Yes thats very sincere, what a lovely person you are.

debs71
09-12-11, 13:06
Takes one to know one dear.

Mindful
09-12-11, 13:10
Takes one to know one dear.lol oh my..sounds like something my teen daughter would say. Minus the dear :)

baileys
09-12-11, 13:37
Unfortunately Mindful some people think that they are far to up the ladder on this forum and think that other people cant have an opinion. I don't know why they need to tell people that they are being disrespectful and trying to start an argument when they are just venting their views, we get desperate. Nobody should tell anybody how they SHOULD feel.
I don't think Peter Andre is going to change my life with his interview....maybe if he gave me some of his money so i had the resources to rid this anxiety Ive had for 35 years, then that might help.
Docs know how we suffer but we need more than a plaster.
I appreciate granny Primark for telling everybody about his interview but you are going to get some people who know that nothing in the mental health service will change in the near future and i don't believe that i will see it in my life time.
People suffer with anxiety in different ways. I don't know if i love Peter or hate him, i cant make out if he is real or not but i would prefer his anxiety than mine. I don't see him sitting at home shaking at the day ahead but to him he is suffering and we cant judge that.

debs71
09-12-11, 13:46
Unfortunately Mindful some people think that they are far to up the ladder on this forum and think that other people cant have an opinion.

Care to elaborate on who that is Baileys? If you are refering to myself then have the balls to say so. For your information, I don't consider myself up ANY ladder on this forum, or any better than anyone else. That is pathetic. I have spent a lot of my free time on here helping people to the best of my ability, end of. I don't consider myself in any bigger position than nayone else.

I didn't realise there was a pecking order.

I also think everyone has a right to an opinion, and also NOT to be shouted down by people who don't agree, like Mindful has done. It is a forum, full of differing opinions, but one common thing, and that is that we all suffer with various problems with a common theme.

I've had enough of this bull. My anxiety is on a relatively even keel, but my depression worsening, and this UTTER CRAP from other new members here is a sick joke, and just exacerbating others vulnerabilities including my own.

The way Mindful rants, you would think she is the only person in the world with issues.

baileys
09-12-11, 13:58
Care to elaborate on who that is Baileys? .
No I dont.
its just what i see.
Like i said, i think its good for some people that peter is going to talk about his panic attack but its not going to help me, it wont change the system. It wont pay my bills, im intitled to nothing because im physically fit.

robinbrum
09-12-11, 14:01
I was the one who put the cat among the pigeons here and I didn't mean to get people at eachother's throats in this way. So sorry for that. It is only an opinion about so-called celebrities and their attention-seeking antics which makes me cringe...I guess it's not even relevant to these forums but if you disagree with someone on a subject that's all it is - a difference of opinion. No one needs to slag anyone off or get personal.
Sorry for putting out bad energy folks.

bottleblond
09-12-11, 14:33
Ok my two pence worth....

Just coz someone is a celebrity, doesn not mean they can't/don't suffer too. So what that they go on stage and sing. Some of us let it take over our lives and some will never give in to them and lead as normal a life as posSible whether that be a Teacher, Doctor, Office worker or Singer.

We are not Judge and Jury, We can't say who is allowed to suffer with panic attacks and who's not. Regardless of who you are and what you do, it doesn't matter. Panic effects all walks of life and i think to belittle someones condition because of their career choice is not only small minded but extremely naive.

Lisa

amandaj
09-12-11, 14:46
i for one am so pleased a celebrity is talking about panic attacks etc, it doesnt really matter how he copes with it or gets on with everyday, us sufferers need someone like that to make awareness of what is an awful thing i will be watching and no way judging him

baileys
09-12-11, 14:50
Panic effects all walks of life and i think to belittle someones condition because of their career choice is not only small minded but extremely naive.

Lisa
I dont think anybody was belittling panic attacks but there is a difference between an odd panic attack and anxiety taking over your life.
I wouldnt wish GAD on anybody. It takes all your life away.

bottleblond
09-12-11, 15:05
Yes and this thread was about Peter Andre talking about panic attacks not GAD.

I've suffered with panic/anxiety/agoraphobia most of my life but i take my had off to anyone who suffers panic attacks and can still get up on stage in front of thousands of people and sing.

Good on him

baileys
09-12-11, 15:11
Yes and this thread was about Peter Andre talking about panic attacks not GAD.

I've suffered with panic/anxiety/agoraphobia most of my life but i take my had off to anyone who suffers panic attacks and can still get up on stage in front of thousands of people and sing.

Good on him

Yep i agree.....ive had it all for 35 years......just proves to me that he deserves better....thanks for that, thats just what i needed.

bottleblond
09-12-11, 15:19
Huh?

baileys
09-12-11, 15:22
Huh?
Thanks for that.

bottleblond
09-12-11, 15:32
I never did anything.

mallan82450
09-12-11, 15:42
Guys . . . guys . . . seriously, come on :)

No need for all this . . . It's Christmas!

Let's all be friends now yeah!?

bottleblond
09-12-11, 15:54
Just to clear up...

I wasn't and had no intentions of arguing with anyone. I just wanted to add my opinion on Celebrities who suffered with panic attacks.

Mindful
09-12-11, 16:09
Care to elaborate on who that is Baileys? If you are refering to myself then have the balls to say so. For your information, I don't consider myself up ANY ladder on this forum, or any better than anyone else. That is pathetic. I have spent a lot of my free time on here helping people to the best of my ability, end of. I don't consider myself in any bigger position than nayone else.

I didn't realise there was a pecking order.

I also think everyone has a right to an opinion, and also NOT to be shouted down by people who don't agree, like Mindful has done. It is a forum, full of differing opinions, but one common thing, and that is that we all suffer with various problems with a common theme.

I've had enough of this bull. My anxiety is on a relatively even keel, but my depression worsening, and this UTTER CRAP from other new members here is a sick joke, and just exacerbating others vulnerabilities including my own.

The way Mindful rants, you would think she is the only person in the world with issues. Eh? The way i rant? I wasnt aware i have ranted very much here, i havent even made that many posts and most of them have been me trying to offer some advice to others. I havent shouted once, i haave replied and posed my view, if thats too much for you then maybe avoid anything with my name in? :)

baileys
09-12-11, 18:13
Just to clear up...

I wasn't and had no intentions of arguing with anyone. I just wanted to add my opinion on Celebrities who suffered with panic attacks.
Exactly my point.....Because you are... or think you are higher up the ladder you can say whatever you want and nobody dare question you but others cant even mildly express their disagreements without getting made to feel wrong for having a view, then the clan follow......thats very sad, i came on here to help not to be accepted.

bottleblond
09-12-11, 18:17
What are you talking about? I only made a comment about Peter Andre suffering from Panic attacks.

Do not abuse me as i have not abused you.

nomorepanic
09-12-11, 18:17
I am sorry but Lisa is not a person to think that she is higher up the ladder or whatever it is that people think.

I do not see anything wrong said by her at all and if you want to question what Lisa says then she will be more than willing to reply in a civil manner.

thetube82
09-12-11, 18:19
in the words of a celeb sufferer................ 'this is Insania............', erm.......

thetube82

bottleblond
09-12-11, 18:23
Thank you Nic.

Well i for one think it will be a very interesting programme to watch and will definately either watch or record it.

baileys
09-12-11, 18:24
I am sorry but Lisa is not a person to think that she is higher up the ladder or whatever it is that people think.

I do not see anything wrong said by her at all and if you want to question what Lisa says then she will be more than willing to reply in a civil manner.
But there is one rule for one person and another rule for somebody else and i dont think that is right.
Anyway nic i sent you a pm a while ago if you could sort it that would be great.... Thanks a lot.X

bottleblond
09-12-11, 18:29
Bailey...

What have i done that has broken any rule?

You obviously have a problem with me so please pm me with your issue and i will get back to you.

nomorepanic
09-12-11, 18:37
Ok so now we have 2 people that have asked for their accounts to be closed because of this argument/discussion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on here and as long as it isn't against the rules then the posts are all welcome but we don't need to fall out over something so silly as Peter Andre having panic attacks and yet still being able to do what he does.

If that is the case then I should leave as well because I managed to hold down a full time job during my years of suffering so why am I any different to a celebrity?

Moggo
09-12-11, 18:40
Peter Andre? Never heard of him! Is he famous? :blush:

(just trying to lighten the mood)

bottleblond
09-12-11, 18:41
Coz you can't sing Nicola :roflmao:

baileys
09-12-11, 18:42
Ok so now we have 2 people that have asked for their accounts to be closed because of this argument/discussion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on here and as long as it isn't against the rules then the posts are all welcome but we don't need to fall out over something so silly as Peter Andre having panic attacks and yet still being able to do what he does.

If that is the case then I should leave as well because I managed to hold down a full time job during my years of suffering so why am I any different to a celebrity?
Why cant people on here have there own view, it doesnt make us small mined because we feel different.
I wish i could work and have a life with anxiety. Maybe thats where the difference comes in.

Moggo
09-12-11, 18:43
Coz you can't sing Nicola :roflmao:

Neither can Peter Andre :roflmao:

nomorepanic
09-12-11, 18:51
Why cant people on here have there own view, it doesnt make us small mined because we feel different.
I wish i could work and have a life with anxiety. Maybe thats where the difference comes in.

No-one has said you can't have your own view though.

Some people have to work with anxiety - that is the harsh reality for them as there is no alternative (I think I am one of these people).

Lisa - ummm yeah very true lol. But you make up for both of us.

moirascott
09-12-11, 19:38
http://cognitivetherapyonline.com/cbt4panic/famous-people-with-panic
A link that demonstrates how many famous people suffer and that is isn;t just an illness of "normal people".

bottleblond
09-12-11, 19:40
Baileys

This is not about you. You seem to be taking comments people are making and jumoing to the defence.

Again, this is about a celebrity with panic attacks, not you.

bottleblond
09-12-11, 19:41
Indeed i do Nicola :D

Umm ok maybe not lolz

allergyphobia
09-12-11, 19:51
Question, why are threads like this left open?

People are being catty and sarcastic and bickering - why is it left to continue for 7 pages? I'm not doubting the amazing job admin and mods do, I'm just trying to make the point that these things should be nipped in the bud or as soon as possible - and as Lisa suggested, if people have an issue they should PM each other, not left on the thread to escalate.

Just my two cents... :whistles:

baileys
09-12-11, 19:51
Baileys

This is not about you. You seem to be taking comments people are making and jumoing to the defence.

Again, this is about a celebrity with panic attacks, not you.
I never said it was about me.....cant you just leave it and stop pushing...Ive taken nothing personal.

nomorepanic
09-12-11, 19:56
Question, why are threads like this left open?

People are being catty and sarcastic and bickering - why is it left to continue for 7 pages? I'm not doubting the amazing job admin and mods do, I'm just trying to make the point that these things should be nipped in the bud or as soon as possible - and as Lisa suggested, if people have an issue they should PM each other, not left on the thread to escalate.

Just my two cents... :whistles:

Because if they are shut we get slated as well and no rules have been broken by members.

If we closed every thread that someone disagreed on we would be closing quite a lot.

daintydi
09-12-11, 20:00
I'm really glad I joined this site for information and support. I wonder if ceebeebees do a similar one?

bottleblond
09-12-11, 20:02
I never said it was about me.....cant you just leave it and stop pushing...Ive taken nothing personal.

Gladly

bottleblond
09-12-11, 20:06
http://cognitivetherapyonline.com/cbt4panic/famous-people-with-panic
A link that demonstrates how many famous people suffer and that is isn;t just an illness of "normal people".

Hey Moira

Yeah i read something similar a while back.

It's sooooooooo common. I think if we took a world wide survey asking if everyone of they had ever taken a panic attack, the majority would answer yes.

When broken down, it's just our body reacting to fear. It's how we let it effect us that seperates the severity.

thanks for the link
:hugs:

eeyorelover
09-12-11, 20:22
I think this is an important subject and don't agree that the thread should be closed.
In my years on the site I've seen this divide where people who aren't able to go out in public, or hold a job, or whatever daily activity they are unable to do feel as tho those who are able to (or in my case struggle to do but neverless do) doubt the severity of the anxiety or feel they have a worse case of anxiety.

There are so many different challenges that each of us face, each sufferers experience with anxiety is so individualized that it's easy to say because I ( for example) can go shopping or go to school, that I don't suffer from as severe case of anxiety as someone who is housebound but I still have my own challenges. I can't even think about going to the dentist or doctor's office, it throws me into a horrible panic...I can't stand being in an elevator and there is nothing important enough in any building that I would need that would make me get on an escalator!!!!!! ;)

We are all in different stages of dealing with our anxiety and we all have our own individual challenges in our everyday life to deal with.
It's important to talk about these things because knowledge is power and the more we know about anxiety and about how others deal with their individual struggles, the more ideas we each can get to try to deal with our own struggles and try to impliment what has worked for others.

macc noodle
09-12-11, 21:24
Takes a deep breath and commits to the page and hopes that no one takes offence!

OK, 7 pages down the line, this much I have gleaned - there are certain members in here who feel aggrieved that their "suffering" is so much greater than others simply because the others have maintained some semblance of order in their lives by continuing to work and achieve some "normality".

Well guess what - yes we may have done this but at what cost to our own well being we will never know. We have continued to battle against our illnesses and maintain positions in work simply because economically it was never an option just to give up and retire to the safety of home to be unwell.

That is not to say that remaining in work is an option for everyone because some simply cannot do this.

However, it is demeaning to those of us who have battled and suffered and continued to work to read threads which suggest that our suffering cannot possibly be as serious as those who have not.

Equally, over this thread, I have seen members who have been excellent contributors and supporters of others on here for a while be villified by other members, new and old - which cannot be right - we should all be able to express our opinions without being harried for expressing them and without people getting personal and hurling insults - would you do this if you were sitting in an office or a bar having a discussion - no I do not think so!

I am saddened that people are asking to have their accounts closed by being made to feel uncomfortable or pilloried.

The problem here is that before long those who can see the middle line in every discussion will refuse to post and then the extreme reactions will increase and arguments increase.

Why can't we all just debate and discuss threads without resorting to personal attacks?

Macc Noodle

:weep:

Mindful
09-12-11, 23:04
I somehow doubt us working people can be compared to the rich and famous ''working''

Yes i work too :) Also a single mum to 3 kids, i have been on both sides of the fence so to speak. Ive been house bound, trapped by my own fear 24-7 .. i also now work and have done for quite a few years, its exhausting when times are bad regarding panic-anxiety.

But, <<Note>>IMO << Note>> the life i have now is nowhere near the complete hell i had back then.

Thats not to say that those who can go out, work socialise ect suffer less when it hits, but compared ( again IMO) to living in constant fear ..for me there is no contest.

For the poster above who said - Well guess what - yes we may have done this but at what cost to our own well being we will never know. We have continued to battle against our illnesses and maintain positions in work simply because economically it was never an option just to give up and retire to the safety of home to be unwell.

Condescending much? Complain about people who cant go out undermining your suffering and then completely throw the fact that you can work, you can go out in their faces lol.. thats amazing!

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

We are all in different stages of dealing with our anxiety and we all have our own individual challenges in our everyday life to deal with.
It's important to talk about these things because knowledge is power and the more we know about anxiety and about how others deal with their individual struggles, the more ideas we each can get to try to deal with our own struggles and try to impliment what has worked for others. Very very well said, this is why i joined up!

:)

weeble40
09-12-11, 23:09
ok im gonna get my ten penneth in here to

noo im not a celebrity,

but i can fly around the world no problem, flying is not my anx

yes i can go to work, going out is not my anx

yes i can sing on a stage (beer permitting)

does this make me any better or worse than anybody else

at the end of the day we all suffer in different ways, to each of us panic is different, (me personally i panic over my death) yes one day i am going to die, deal with it emms,,,,

im looking forward to seeing how mysterious boy deals with his, i did watch when he ended up in hospital on the katie price show, and thought bag of bull dust that doesnt happen,

whos to say, is my panic attack different to yours, are you more scared than me???

were all in this together, for god sake, none of us are quailified in nothing other than anxiety,

Mindful
09-12-11, 23:13
...and this is before we have even watched the show lol :ohmy:

eeyorelover
09-12-11, 23:27
...and this is before we have even watched the show lol :ohmy:

LOL

macc noodle
09-12-11, 23:40
[ QUOTE=Mindful;910216]

For the poster above who said - Well guess what - yes we may have done this but at what cost to our own well being we will never know. We have continued to battle against our illnesses and maintain positions in work simply because economically it was never an option just to give up and retire to the safety of home to be unwell.

Condescending much? Complain about people who cant go out undermining your suffering and then completely throw the fact that you can work, you can go out in their faces lol.. thats amazing!

Hey Mindful - thanks you just completely justified my post in the tone you have chosen to take and no doubt will reply in the same robust manner as you have done previously.

I make no apology for my post but I do take exception to your nasty spiteful interpretation of what I said and you exactly typify the type of new members on here who seem hell bent on being nasty and putting your own slant on other people's comments.

So for the avoidance of doubt, Mindful, and anyone else who has chosen to misinterpret my comments - I was NOT throwing the fact that I can work (no I HAVE TO WORK) in their faces (NO I SAID THAT I APPRECIATED THAT SOME PEOPLE WERE UNABLE TO - FACT) and your facetious LOL added to it just sums up why at least one person I know who has been a great help to othes on this site has now decided to leave NMP - Thanks Mindful for your mindlessness.

Mindful
10-12-11, 08:16
[ QUOTE=Mindful;910216]

Hey Mindful - thanks you just completely justified my post in the tone you have chosen to take and no doubt will reply in the same robust manner as you have done previously.

I make no apology for my post but I do take exception to your nasty spiteful interpretation of what I said and you exactly typify the type of new members on here who seem hell bent on being nasty and putting your own slant on other people's comments.

So for the avoidance of doubt, Mindful, and anyone else who has chosen to misinterpret my comments - I was NOT throwing the fact that I can work (no I HAVE TO WORK) in their faces (NO I SAID THAT I APPRECIATED THAT SOME PEOPLE WERE UNABLE TO - FACT) and your facetious LOL added to it just sums up why at least one person I know who has been a great help to othes on this site has now decided to leave NMP - Thanks Mindful for your mindlessness. It sounded (read as) condescending, notice the question mark after the word condescending? I can only read comments as i see them, obviously i read it the wrong way and that is fine, you reply correcting me and that ought to be that, why you feel i am being nasty is a mystery to me :/ Could it be that you are reading my comments in the wrong way too? Or is that just a newbie trait and not something a reg could possibly do :ohmy:

Theres seems to be a real issue with new members :/ , sorry i dont nod in agreement to everything said thats just not me, i take no responsibility for anyone who chooses to leave because of a comment i have made, i have not been abusive or broke any forum rules ( as far as i know?) , im sad if someone leaves over this thread as i feel its not necessary over a few comments but have no control over that.

I joined up to hopefully offer advice, take a little myself, share thoughts and feelings and most of all to not feel so blimming isolated in this horrible road of anxiety and panic, thats all, not to upset or become the new kid on the block who the regulars seem ( seem is not a fact, its how i read the situation :) ) heck bent on showing me the door. :unsure:

Hope that clears this up?

Granny Primark
10-12-11, 08:51
Reading all these posts have made me feel really sad and wishing id not posted about the programme. I did it with good intentions and not to cause all this.
I just think that any publicity about mental illness is good cus it gives an insight to what some people think is an imaginary illness.
Sorry for posting.

fluff
10-12-11, 09:24
I think it was nice of you to make this post those who want to watch it do those who dont don't no need to be nasty to each other we should all support each other on the forum:bighug1:

baileys
10-12-11, 09:34
Ive asked for my account to be deleted but seeing as Nic hasn't got round to it yet i will have my last say.
By the way its not me that macc doodle is worried about leaving, she doesn't much like me and did try to get me involved in an argument on the last thread i wrote on but i didn't rise to it.
Everybody has a right to say what they want but what i really hate is that word SHOULD. Nobody has any right to tell people how they SHOULD feel about something.( No Debs i should not be grateful that Peter is saying about his panic attack) if people want to then that's fine but to make people feel bad because they don't see your view is wrong and thats what got me going.

And Lisa you wernt the one who was up the ladder as i explained to Nic.

Anyway no doubt this will be twisted by certain people, that doesn't bother me.
I'm done with sorting menopause's, mould, pains in areas i didn't know existed and I'm going to do something useful like put me sprouts on ready for Christmas.

Granny Primark
10-12-11, 09:45
Pse dont anyone leave nmp.
We all need each others help and support.
I feel this is all trivial and im begining to feel more and more guilty by the minute for posting about the programme.
We are all adults arent we?
Forgive me for saying this but its begining to seem like a playground argument.
Stop it please.

daintydi
10-12-11, 10:10
Oh bless your heart xx

robinbrum
10-12-11, 10:23
Crikey, talk about a storm in a tea cup! Against all my better judgement I know feel compelled to watch Peter Andre on Piers Morgan tonight...although maybe I'll keep my thoughts to myself this time (I don't guarantee it though!).
Love and peace to all:hugs:

baileys
10-12-11, 12:14
Crikey, talk about a storm in a tea cup! Against all my better judgement I know feel compelled to watch Peter Andre on Piers Morgan tonight...although maybe I'll keep my thoughts to myself this time (I don't guarantee it though!).
Love and peace to all:hugs:
Cheers for the PM RobX

Werent you the bugger who started all this off in the first place:roflmao:
Im glad im getting out of here before round 2 starts tonight.
I think i will give Peter a miss i could end up throwing something at the telly if i have to listen to him talking about his hard life.

Alabasterlyn
10-12-11, 13:52
Reading all these posts have made me feel really sad and wishing id not posted about the programme. I did it with good intentions and not to cause all this.
I just think that any publicity about mental illness is good cus it gives an insight to what some people think is an imaginary illness.
Sorry for posting.

Oh you shouldn't feel bad for posting about it, I am sure many will watch it and make up their own minds as to whether what he says will affect how people view mental illness.

It is a shame however that we don't have famous people with more gravitas who can champion our cause.

robinbrum
10-12-11, 14:16
Stephen Fry and Ruby Wax are two genuinely famous people of real substance who do a lot of good work campaigning on mental health issues. Most "celebs" have "panic attacks" if one of their nails has got chipped or if they inadvertently flash their knickers as they step out of their chauffeur-driven limousine, before going to dine at the Ivy. And they get full-blown "depression" if their name hasn't been mentioned in the gossip columns for the past ten days. Such people trivialise mental health problems and frankly make the public less sympathetic towards those of us with genuine mental health issues. We are not all precious prima donnas seeking attention all the time. Most of us suffer in silence.
That said I will watch Peter Andre on Piers Morgan with a genuinely open mind.
And so should everybody else.

nomorepanic
10-12-11, 14:27
I haven't deleted anyones accounts as I want people to think about it first then decide.

baileys
10-12-11, 14:50
I haven't deleted anyones accounts as I want people to think about it first then decide.
Hi Nic, i will have mine deleted please.
Its not just to do with this thread , i need to move on and this type of thing doesnt help me.
Thanks for everything, ive enjoyed my stay.XXX:flowers:

Mindful
10-12-11, 14:59
Hi Nic, i will have mine deleted please.
Its not just to do with this thread , i need to move on and this type of thing doesnt help me.
Thanks for everything, ive enjoyed my stay.XXX:flowers: I just wanted to say ( i know im new, probably have no right to interfere, am quickly learning that about his forum but..)what you just said shows real strength of charactor IMO .. needing to move on, and actually doing so. I was wondering to myself before if this forum is healthy ( for me) of course it helps many many people that i am sure of but is being caught up in gang mentality something i want to be on the receiving end of? I dont think it is... then my stubborn side says to heck with them, stand your ground lol.. Also ( for me) is it healthy to be on here often reminding myself of all the poop that is panic.. food for thought for myself.

Anyway, wish you well. :hugs:

baileys
10-12-11, 15:12
I just wanted to say ( i know im new, probably have no right to interfere, am quickly learning that about his forum but..)what you just said shows real strength of charactor IMO .. needing to move on, and actually doing so. I was wondering to myself before if this forum is healthy ( for me) of course it helps many many people that i am sure of but is being caught up in gang mentality something i want to be on the receiving end of? I dont think it is... then my stubborn side says to heck with them, stand your ground lol.. Also ( for me) is it healthy to be on here often reminding myself of all the poop that is panic.. food for thought for myself.

Anyway, wish you well. :hugs:
You have every right to say what you want, it doesnt matter how long you have been on here.
Its just a problem that i have, my counselor has tried to teach me over the last 4 years that i can think and feel what i want and nothing i think or feel is wrong and thats why i got so annoyed when people were telling me that i SHOULD not of felt way i did.
It goes way back to my childhood and im finding that hard to cope with at the moment. Its a good site and you will do fine on here.
So its just a personal thing that got to me.
Youve got to stay for part 2 after the show has been aired, i will just look on with me bottle of wine:yesyes: XXX

Moggo
10-12-11, 15:12
Can I just say that I'm not surprised Peter Andre has panic attacks.........Jordan's chest would give me an almighty panic attack too :blush:

KK77
10-12-11, 16:19
Well I blame 'Jordan' for all this...

Perhaps we should watch it first, then come back and comment...

baileys
10-12-11, 16:44
Well I blame 'Jordan' for all this...

Perhaps we should watch it first, then come back and comment...
Thank-you

Maybe not such a good idea to watch and comment.....have an early night or there is the morecambe and wise Christmas special on channel 5 at 10.05 .:yesyes:

KK77
10-12-11, 16:51
MM will be washing his hair Baileys - shame :roflmao:

nomorepanic
10-12-11, 17:53
Maybe not such a good idea to watch and comment.....have an early night or there is the morecambe and wise Christmas special on channel 5 at 10.05 .:yesyes:

I think I would rather hear Peter Andre sing than that and I don't like him singing:roflmao:

baileys
10-12-11, 18:14
I think I would rather hear Peter Andre sing than that and I don't like him singing:roflmao:
Ive ran out of diazepam so i think i will opt for the early night.:D

nomorepanic
10-12-11, 18:16
I don't even know what time it is on - if I remember I will watch it

bottleblond
10-12-11, 18:43
On at 10 mate, after x factor final x

nomorepanic
10-12-11, 18:54
cheers Lisa

t0rt01se36
10-12-11, 20:55
First of all, I am shocked that is thread has turned into an arguement, distressing granny primark who is a wonderful person.

Secondly, people who suffer from panic attacks, want to get better and try their best to recover, step by step and that is obviously what Peter Andre is doing, just like exposure therapy.

Beenthere
10-12-11, 22:05
He is still a person and an individual who experiences fears and emotions. If we doubt him,then we may as well doubt all of us x

lizzie29
10-12-11, 22:27
I've been watching Peter Andre and so far he seems genuine and a nice guy. I think it's brilliant that he's able to talk about his panic attacks in public. I know I personally avoid telling people because I worry how they react. If celebrities are open about mental health then I feel it could become more acceptable, and hopefully in future it'll be easier for everyone to be open about it.

london
10-12-11, 23:00
what a nice guy he is and hes got guts
god bless pete

Mindful
10-12-11, 23:31
He did seem genuine enough, i was wrong on my initial thoughts on him and panic-anxiety.
I'd never heard of jaws locking during panic before, i hope that doesnt become a new symptom for me :O Im like that, hear of a new one and look out! I have it :p

macc noodle
10-12-11, 23:36
Seemingly a lovely and caring guy who thinks of everyone and their reactions - kind and loving to his family and others around him.

Hats off to Mr Andre for sharing his problems with panic and anxiety - I believe that he offers insight and hope to fellow sufferers who may be feeling that they will never get a grip on this illness.

Thanks to Granny P for mentioning it to us all - I am sure that more people from here have watched it because of her and found it an uplifting and interesting insight.

Macc Noodle
xx

thetube82
10-12-11, 23:38
quite a good piece i thought, if anything the only criticism would be when he described having a 'severe' panic attack, bugs me when i hear folk say that, however all in all a good piece.

thetube82

Mindful
10-12-11, 23:44
I always say if i won the lottery i would like to fund real therapy for people like myself, unfortunately money does talk in most things and many people are left to struggle on alone. I went doctors once about 8 years ago when i was at my worst, took almighty courage on my half to go, not only cause i was incredibly panic stricken, but also because i had hidden what was going on from everyone, i feared being sectioned and losing my children. Anyway long story short..the doctor looked bored when i was attempting to open up.. i never went back. Proceeded to spend the next 12 months in shear hell trying to make sense of things myself. It shouldnt be that way, private care was never an option for me, still wouldnt be, i would never be able to justify paying that kind of money when my kids needs come first and of course the rent and food and so on..

No real point to my post. other than money = access to instant help... having a moment i guess :p

nomorepanic
10-12-11, 23:45
Ok so now we have watched it can we call calm down and say that some of us had the wrong opinion of him pre-show and we also upset others with comments about it all.

Then can we decide if we still want to leave NMP or not please.

My only criticism is that Peter kept saying panic attacks only last 25 mins and that is not true for everyone but he kept on about it.

Mindful
10-12-11, 23:52
Ok so now we have watched it can we call calm down and say that some of us had the wrong opinion of him pre-show and we also upset others with comments about it all.

I was always calm :)

Yes i feel i did have the wrong opinion of him regarding his panic.

I will forgive and forget all the nasty jibes that came my way throughout this thread. :)

nomorepanic
11-12-11, 01:40
ok well 2 members have left tonight over this post so I think we should all be aware that what we say can really upset others and we should not be so personal in replies.

Magic
11-12-11, 09:49
Blimey some sensitive people about!!!

macc noodle
11-12-11, 09:59
Blimey some sensitive people about!!!

Yes Magic - there are some really sensitive people on this site, it is sometimes part and parcel of the health issues they are suffering from, and they deserve our consideration when we are making responses to threads.

I for one apologise unreservedly if any comments I have made have offended anyone as it is never my intention to upset or offend.

Macc Noodle

xxxx

Granny Primark
11-12-11, 10:19
this has hurt me so much. I posted cus I hoped it would help others.

robinbrum
11-12-11, 10:24
This has troubled me somewhat because I unwittingly started all this by saying that I couldn't take people like Peter Andre seriously. I don't know if I was right to say that or not but it seems I upset a few members of his fan club and then it all got a little out of hand.
I think debate is a good thing as long as it's done properly. We should all be grown-up enough to know that not everyone agrees with our point of view and respect that. It does not need to get personal and I never engaged in any bitching with anyone - not my style, we should all rise above it.
I didn't see the interview with Mr Andre but will watch it later on catch-up. Until then I'll reserve judgement.

macc noodle
11-12-11, 10:29

Granny P - don't waste time worrying over this or being upset - it happens from time to time in here when people get overheated about threads and is not a reflection upon you or your intentions.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I for one am always pleased to read your posts and chat with you in chat room.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Macc Noodle

xxxx

robinbrum
11-12-11, 21:25
Well, I watched the interview, for what it's worth. Think they only spent about five minutes on the subject of panic attacks and it didn't go into the greatest detail, which was disappointing.
To conclude, Peter Andre seems to be a lovely, sensitive man and I don't doubt his sincerity. However he seems to me to be incredibly fragile and even quite vulnerable. He will never lead a normal life, I just hope it doesn't turn him into a "Wacko Jacko". He will always be living in a goldfish bowl. Luckily for him he can afford the very best psychiatric treatment and seems to have a very tight-knit family to support him. Not to mention thousands of adoring female fans.
Good luck to him.

pinkdove
11-12-11, 22:42
Please don't feel bad lynn, i did'nt comment cause i did'nt want to get involved. but watched the show, glad i did it helps to know that people from all walks of life suffer like us, i know you posted this thread with the best of intensions, so don't worry, a lot of people like myself will have watched because of your post take care x

nomorepanic
11-12-11, 23:46
GP - it wouldn't matter who did the post the outcome would be the same so don't worry about it.

suzy-sue
12-12-11, 00:04
I enjoyed it ,I thought it was very moving in parts :weep:.Ive seen him talk about it on the show with Katy Price .His depression was apparently very bad ..He is a nice genuine person and it was brave of him to do this on Tv .Things/Life obviously have affected him like they have with all of us .It takes time and patience to heal .He had a bad fear of Roller coasters too .Shame it wasnt just about the P/A Depression .But it still obviously is very painful for him to talk about certain things ..Early days ..Good luck to him .Hes only Human like everyone else .Its not descriminatory in who it affects . Sue

Littlehelper123
13-12-11, 00:35
Oh my goodness....guys seriosuly? We are all suffering very similar things so why bother arguing over a silly thread about an inteview? Lol. We're all old enough to realize that this is a little over the top....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion , but i think arguing over this kind of topic is a tad silly :S

Stop arguing and start supporting :)

I think its good that panic attacks and depression were being talked about over the tv because it makes more people aware now of our situation....dont hate peter...thank him....hes put u back on the map and made people think ...

:)

Veronica H
13-12-11, 13:13
I watched it. I have heard Peter talk about panic and depression before. He is a sensitive caring man (I have yet to meet a panic anxiety sufferer who isn't sensitive, or who can't take offence at times where none was intended, as it goes with the territory.....me included). Maybe this thread should go on the left Nic under side effects:roflmao:. Love to Granny, Lisa, Nic and all who give their time and support to us all.

Vx