PDA

View Full Version : same problem for 3 years cant cope

mrs way to worried
08-12-11, 14:55
My health anxiety started 3 years ago its started with difficulty swallowing faciel numbness neck pain all on right side was sent to ent who said muscles in my mouth were large he sent me for an mri on heas and neck all was clear I then got swollen glands , have had neck pain constant for 3 years I now have constant shoulder pain they said it was wisdom teeth so had them all out neck pain went after infection cleared out I now just have shoulder pain wich goes all down my arm and armpit my breast on this side also aches ( no lumps found ) I also have yellow rings around my pupils doctor said just colour pigmaent plus I sneeze a lot which he said is dust allergy I'm terrified I have lymphoma but no doctor will refer me as they take one look on my file and say I'm exadurating I've had 8 doctors in 3 years , I dunno what to do I'm so scared cause anxiety wouldn't cause all these problems down my right side for 3 years so scared I'm only 26 I don't wanna die I have two babys that I can't bare to bond with in case I die please help me

Mindful
08-12-11, 19:13
I dunno what to do I'm so scared cause anxiety wouldn't cause all these problems down my right side for 3 years so scared I'm only 26 I don't wanna die I have two babys that I can't bare to bond with in case I die please help me

Who says anxiety wouldnt cause 3 years of problems in your right side? If you have been continually obsessing about your right side then anxiety could well be keeping it alive.

Firstly take a deep breath, clam down. You have been checked by the docs, 8 infact and if they arent worried then neither should you be, i know thats easier said than done. :hugs:

mrs way to worried
08-12-11, 19:38
The symptoms and the pain r so real , I hardly sleep , my hair is falling out I've got no appitite , I can't continue like this I just want the doctor to refer me I already feel it may be to late by the time I get a diagnosis I'm so scared of leaving my kids

Mindful
08-12-11, 19:48
The symptoms and the pain r so real , I hardly sleep , my hair is falling out I've got no appitite , I can't continue like this I just want the doctor to refer me I already feel it may be to late by the time I get a diagnosis I'm so scared of leaving my kids

If you really dont believe the doctors you have already seen then maybe you should go direct to A&E? Get checked out once and for all x

mrs way to worried
08-12-11, 20:03
I went to a and e a few times they say I have muscle tension and won't x ray me or test me , it really is driving me insane

kirstynic
08-12-11, 20:47
Oh Hun you have had this for a long time and if it was something bad I think it would have showed itself in other symptoms by now and you would be feeling a lot worse. I suffer with my shoulder and sometimes my neck and I am pretty sure it's down to the tension that I hold there I really am no good at relaxing my muscles and when I think about it I realise I am tense and my shoulders are all hunched high. You should try bio freeze it is good for muscles aches pains and strains x x

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Oh and mine are the same aches as you described but in my left side

mrs way to worried
08-12-11, 20:53
Thankyou , I've been put on higher dose ibephrophen but it takes it off for like an hour then its back , I'm so so so tired of wasting my life like this my 3 year old already is showing signs of health anxiety she freaks out about things on her neck I feel sick at the fact I have given her this awful feeling

kirstynic
08-12-11, 21:02
I know I have bad ha and OCD and depression and a 3 year old who picks up on the fact that I am always at the doctors or always seem to be not feeling great. I have just started 10mg cipromil for all this and also see a counsellor, I am also reading a good book called overcoming health anxiety. I am no way free of it tho and everyday worry about a symptom but trying to not let it take over my mind as when it takes over my mind it takes over my life

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

You have no appetite because of the anxiety I am the same I just feel sick when I feel worried and don't want to eat. Stress can also make your hair fall out and as for your eyes your doctor would know if there was something to worry about and so would an optician. I am only 25 and with the aches I get I feel more like 95