PDA

View Full Version : really had enough.

lea1992
08-12-11, 16:21
How come I always feel like I aint breathing proply, like I'm struggling to keep myself breathin :( please someone reply? Does anyone else feel like this????

zippy
08-12-11, 16:26
Yes i have had it alot these last few weeks. I feel like i am struggling to breathe and i am not getting enough air and also sometimes like my airway isn't big enough to get a full breath.

lea1992
08-12-11, 16:35
Yeah I just worry loads, I read that its cus were breathin from the chest rather then the stomach, like so when u feel like your chest is heavy its because of this, my chest always feels heavy :( I just don't wanna die, I have a big fear of dying, you on any meds?

zippy
08-12-11, 16:47
Just ampitriptyline for my fibromyalgia.

lea1992
08-12-11, 17:29
I'm on citalopram not long been on them so hopefully I feel better soo, so this breathin thing is normal and I aint gonna die?

Mindful
08-12-11, 19:27
How come I always feel like I aint breathing proply, like I'm struggling to keep myself breathin :( please someone reply? Does anyone else feel like this????

You are over breathing not struggling to keep yourself breathing. Its impossible to make yourself stop breathing, the over breathing wont harm you, just make things uncomfortable. Breathing is best left alone and usually is, we dont usually even think about it, we dont need to. But, when we anxiety sufferers do become aware of our breathing we interfere with its natural process, panic and before we know we feel like we cant breath- cant get a breath.

If you can talk, you can breath. Might be an effort ( understandable when you are holding your chest so tight) but you can breath, in fact you are breathing too much.

The solution is simple (in theory) you ignore it. You understand that it is just your overly active mind focusing in on your breathing that is causing you to over breath, leaving you feeling breathless. You accept it as part of your nervous illness and carry on doing what you are doing. With time and true acceptance it matters less and goes away.

Easy said.. not so easy done. I know that. :hugs: