PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please advise me, I am so worried about this pain

Ceece
08-12-11, 21:56
Sorry to repost this but I am worrying myself sick and need some more reassurance if possible.

Hi, I am new to the forum and not posted before. I am spending my days worrying about my bad stomach, which is painful and bloated. I am waiting for a scan appointment to rule out other things but it was my choice as doc said he was not really concerned, I wanted it checked out tho. I had bloods tests done for liver, kidney and inflamation markers, all were clear. What started me worrying more tho was that when I first visited a different doc he said he thought he felt a lump, he said it could be undigested food or 'poo' lying there but it made me so scared. I saw another doc the next day who said that he could not feel abything there at all but I keep thinkning about it and worrying. I can't sleep for thinking about it as the pain is still there. It is constantly churning me up and making me feel worse. Another forum member did post to me earlier but just wondered if anyone has any thoughts. Any advice or encouragement would be really appreciated. I am so worried its making me ill. Can't clear my head of it all, help please!?

notmyself
08-12-11, 22:49
ive felt this before too .. my doctor told me that it was my acid reflux . and that my anxiety was making the symptoms worse.. he gave me a script for gas meds .. which i took for weeks.. the bloating and pain went away.. it stills comes and goes but now i know what it is :) hope this helps... and btw if you think something is there like a lump.. it may just be your mind tricking you into feeling something that isnt there. < ive done that before.. keep your head up :)

Ceece
08-12-11, 23:03
Thank you so much, it always helps to hear another point of view. I am making it worse b worrying i know that but can't help it. So silly. Can't sleep for worry either, feel ill all the time.

loonerj
08-12-11, 23:13
I too have those symptoms, like now, My stomach is bloated, I have pinching pains in my stomach, I am getting acid indegestion and a pain in my chest, I have had it for a couple of weeks, but I have been super duper stressed out.

It is horrible co's the more u think about it the worse it gets, u cant explain it as u think no-one gets it or understands, so then u end uo feeling alone!!

But ur not alone, and it is due to stress/anxiety I am sure of it. take care hope u feel better soon. :)