PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep - sertraline

Quisty
09-12-11, 01:57
This is my first night on sertraline. Just switched from citalopram but I can't sleep, is this normal and how long does it last?

Do you have to take the tablet at night? When I was on citalopram I took 30mg first thing in the morning meaning I could get a good nights kip.

Back to work soon so need to be able to sleep at night :weep:

Quisty
09-12-11, 08:56
Last night was the worst ever and I will not be taking this again. I'm going back on citalopram.

Couldn't sleep and when I did I woke up after 3 hours with the shakes, felt sick and very dizzy, had really weird thoughts.

To be honest I thought I was gonna die and was so close to calling an ambulance.

Defo not for me.

nicola1980
09-12-11, 13:16
Hi u could be getting withdrawals from stopping the citalopram aswel as side effercts from starting the sertraline, what made u change meds? xx

Quisty
09-12-11, 13:46
Just haven't been feeling myself lately, panic attacks on the increase. So had a chat with the doctor and he recommended them.

Shouldn't have withdrawal after one day of not taking, should I?

I going back on the citalopram, I think the increased panic is due to the fact that I have a nasty viral infection, baby on the way, Xmas etc etc.

I'm hoping it's this as pretty much had my life under control, don't get me wrong there have been days when I did have increased anxiety but lately they are more frequent and harder to control. I can usually just sit them out but past week they have been so overwhelming.

I will see how I feel once the viral infection has gone, if I still feel the same then back to the doctors. One things for sure I'm not taking the sertraline, felt like I was dying, worse panic attack I have ever had.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Hi by the way lol

nicola1980
09-12-11, 13:53
could u maybe up your citalopram? u might need a higher dose than what you was on?? xx

Quisty
09-12-11, 15:46
Don't really wanna up it, I gradually got down to 5mg but now over time back up to 30mg.

I'm concerned that I will be on them forever, it scares me.

elvin
10-12-11, 08:35
dr put me on sertraline for anxiety never felt so bad so after 19 days i stoped taking them i had bad withdraw side effects only after 10 days will NOT be taking these again ad are not for me tried them all same side effects