PDA

View Full Version : Random knee pain

kirstynic
09-12-11, 08:48
I have had pain in my left knee before and saw the doctor about it. But since yesterday I have had a few shooting pains in my left knee they don't make me want to shout with pain but they do make me think ouch if that makes sense. My knee also gets achey pains in it, it's just the left knee.

My last blood test was August and I had a very slightly high WBC but I had a urine infection so it was put down to this.

Does anyone else get random pains with no cause? Should I be worried? I of course and thinking bone cancer or leukaemia but have resisted googling so wanted some advice on here instead.

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 ----------

I am also in citromil 10mg only started last week and know joint pain can be a side effect, but dismissed that as have had this pain occasionally over the last year or 2

---------- Post added at 06:44 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

I was just reading some other posts and saw that WBC would be high on a blood test, how high? Mine was high or very slightly high.

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

Sorry to keep adding but I also have a weird sort of aching in my teeth it don't hurt but just feels like I want to chew or bite in something, this accompanies my muscle aches and oains

kirstynic
09-12-11, 22:17
Does my knee pain sound like bone cancer?

I am so fed up I seem to be symptom free for a day then something else comes along

SomeOddworld
09-12-11, 23:46
I get random pains and it apparently is anxiety (knee pains included), though I would go to the GP to be sure.

Janeeey
10-12-11, 00:01
I get random pains all the time like that - and definitely in the knee, especially after I have been driving. Weirdly they don't worry me at all and I am totally rationale about them as of course our body will have twinges here and there all the time - if only I could be rationale about my other concerns! So don't worry totally normal x

PinkRoxy
10-12-11, 05:59
It sounds more like something like patello femoral pain or something.
Do you remember doing anything to it at all?

I have an injured right knee its not that bad though I can walk on it fine but I cant kneel down or bend it quickly or even bend it fully when I am doing things its always awkwardly moving on my body when I do things lol.

I dont know how I did it but I extended it quickly and the joints and stuff in my knee cracked painfully and it hurt. I woke up the next day with it very swollen and barely able to walk, doctor gave me two weeks off on ACC and it recovered well except for things i cant do as I explained above.

It was the same leg that I got run over by a truck when I was about5 yrs old and didnt break anything as mum took me straight to A and E back then but I was wondering if my knee plays up due to childhood injury.

Anyway did you have an injury during childhood that mightve made your knee play up now?

kirstynic
10-12-11, 07:15
No injury, and have scared myself witless my researching bone cancer and now pretty sure I have it. Was reading stories of people who have it and some of them started with vague knee pain or ache?! I know my doctor won't take me seriously I was in there last week about my breast been this week about my chest it's just ridiculous.

My knee has pain twinges and my whole leg sort of aches not to the point it's stopping me doing anything. But sooooo scarced :((