PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thank you

Breatheon
03-06-06, 16:56
Hi everyone

Thanks for having me on this wonderful website. I've already read through many of the messages and found a lot of comfort from them.

Well my name isn't really Breatheon but it's Chris and I'm 33 and from London. That is Chris as in Christopher rather than Christine but I would prefer not to be called Christopher!!

Well I've been having all the anxiety symptoms for several months now. The scary thing is that I don't know what started them off (unless an accumulation of work stress over several months?) and also the symptoms seem to come on during the day when I am not in particularly stressful situations.

Until a couple of months ago I was getting several panic attacks a week but these have now diminished. However I still get anxiety symptoms every day and they seem to come in sequence. I may start off in the morning with dizzy spells and after a few hours these will fade away and be replaced with palpitations, breathing discomfort etc etc.

I was quite reassured (although sorry to the sufferer) that someone else on here had the same breathing problem as me, a feeling that you are going to stop breathing especially at night time. I sometimes feel like I have paused breathing for 20 or more seconds and then it comes back again.

I used to think that was the worst anixety symptom but in the last week or so had one that has really scared me. Again I will not be in a particularly stressful situation and suddenly it will feel like my heart has stopped breathing, there is a big THUMP and I come over light headed and dizzy for a while. I had an ECG done about an hour after it happened and it came out fine but still terrifying. I take hayfever / asthma treatment so maybe it is a side effect of that?

Anyway sorry to go on so much and I will stop now before you need sandwiches brought in! I look forward to being a member of this site and hope that my shared experiences can also help you... I am still looking for the magic cure!!

Take care and at least on a positive note England won 6-0!!!!

Chris
:)

trac67
03-06-06, 16:59
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

scoobygirl2005
03-06-06, 17:01
Hi.

Glad to hear that this forum is helping you. Welcome to the site.

Scooby2005
x x

Southern_Belle
03-06-06, 18:16
Hi Chris,

Welcome to this site. If you are on an inhaler it makes my heart race! You will make lots of friends here and get great advice.

Bel

giddy
03-06-06, 19:56
Welcome to the forum Chris - it sounds as though work stress has triggered your anxiety, it was the same for me too.
Love Helen

Daisybun
04-06-06, 11:43
Hi Chris and welcome. there is a lot of support here. Stress at work triggered off my anxiety this time too. You are not alone.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Karen
04-06-06, 12:29
Hi Chris

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

manmoor
04-06-06, 13:51
Hi Chris,

You are very welcome. We are all here to help each other.

Mandyx

clickaway
04-06-06, 13:57
Welcome along Chris.

You will get a lot of support and comfort here.

And I hadn't caught up with the footie!

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

panicannie
04-06-06, 14:58
welcome to the gang chris! im fairly new here too so we can all help one another in our times of need! your not alone thats for sure tc xx

joanne

KatiePie
05-06-06, 20:22
Hi Chris

Welcome to the site.

I have also suffered from anxiety and panic attacks that seemed to come from nowhere. I now know that I'm pretty susceptible to getting them after I've had a lot of stress building up for a while - e.g. moving house, new job etc... I still don't quite understand how it happens but I'm slowing figuring it out after making myself talk about it all.

Hope you do too.

KatiePie

jackie
05-06-06, 21:44
hiya chris

i know that this is a horrible thing to got hrough but you are not alone

youll love it here

jackie

chedda
06-06-06, 11:17
Hia Chris
i totally know where your coming from:Djust like so many people on here .Hopefully you will find so much information and help like i have since joining here im actually feeling more positive just knowing there are loads of people going through the same
take care xx cheryl

Alexandra
06-06-06, 14:05
Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

hayles
06-06-06, 14:17
Hi and a very big welcome

Hay x

nomorepanic
06-06-06, 19:22
Hi Chris

Lovely to see you here so welcome aboard.

Nicola

Breatheon
08-06-06, 15:55
Thank you all for the lovely welcome, I appreciate all your support and as you said it is always nice to know that we're not alone.

Touch wood (OK touching my head!) the palpitations haven't been so bad in the last few days although have been replaced by very shallow breathing which isn't very nice.

Here's to the day when all the symptoms decide to take a holiday!!!

Chris [8D]

chucklehound
09-06-06, 14:17
Welcome to NMP

Granny Primark
16-07-06, 17:20
Hi Chris,

A big welcome from me to this brilliant website. Youl get loads of advice, understanding, support and encouragement.
The encouragement ive recieved off this site these last few weeks has helped me overcome some of my fears of going out.
I was on the way to recovery then i had a major setback. However due to the friends ive made on this site I feel like im on the way back to leading a normal life.

Im sure you will find this site has helpful as i do.
And heres hoping that the day will come soon when all our symptons go on a very long holiday.

Take care
LYNN