PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about feeling off balance? Anyone have this symptom?

AngelHeart
09-12-11, 11:41
Hi all, was wondering what medication everyone takes for their anxiety/panic attacks? I really don't want to go back on anti depressents because of the side effects I get but I know theres medication just for panic attacks. If you take it did or do you get any side effects please?

Also 8 weeks ago I had severe dizzyness that lasted a couple of days which subsided and got a little better each week but I still have an off balance feeling throughout the day that just lasts maybe a second, like if I turn my head or look at floor e.t.c

I wear hearing aids and quite often get infections so wondering if it could be caused by this or does anyone get this with anxiety? Worried I have a brain tumor :-( and its started my panic attacks again.

I have had full bloods done and everything was normal, I go the gym 3 times a week, work 4 evenings, have 3 children, and get around ( if lucky ) 5 hours sleep a night.

Over the last couple months was anxious over my eldest starting high school, worried about my 5 year old as for the last year been showing OCD behaviour which can be hard at times, my dad who I never knew or met got in touch with me saying i wasn't his, then I was , then calling my mum ( who died 6 years ago ) all names , then giving me verbal abuse ! Also my nan ( who is like a mum to me ) has been diagnosed with dementia and I am finding it hard to cope with what shes going through. So I've had a pretty few stressful months so was wondering if this could be causing this off balance feeling?

Sorry its long, hope someone can help as am really upset about it all xxxx

jools182
11-12-11, 16:15
I've been feeling off balance for years, it seemed to start before the panic attacks

Unfortunately I've not managed to get rid if the dizziness

saro
11-12-11, 17:45
I take Citalopram and I do get the dizziness and off balance feeling all the time when I am anxious but since taking my medication it has eased these symptoms.

I found that you have to give the anti depressants a couple of months before you start to notice the effects.

Hope it settles down soon for you :hugs:

Paniclissx
11-12-11, 17:48
I'm dizzy and off balance a lot of the time and it scares me too, it's not very nice, I take a low dose of stemitil (5mg) that you can get from your doctor for dizziness, they are really good, they take the edge off if not all of the dizzy feeling all together :) its nothing to worry about, there's lots of colds and infections going around and also stress and anxiety can bring on dizziness, if it's worrying you too much then visit you gp so that he/she can put your mind at rest and maybe give you sonething to help with the off balanced feeling that you are getting :) xx

AngelHeart
12-12-11, 20:22
Thanks very much for your replies, I really appreciate it. I was on anti depressents about 8 years ago for a year ( can't remember which ones ) but they gave me side effects that affected my sex life, however , they did help and corrected my mine so am wondering wether to go back on them for a short while to help me cope with this horrible phase am going through. Thanks once again xxx