PDA

View Full Version : Help Figuring This Out Please?

zengarden
09-12-11, 13:31
Hi, I've been having anxiety over everything lately, talking to people, being with people, not being with people (!). I just realised earlier that it can't be EVERYTHING making me panic so it must be in my head. There's no panic waiting to pounce on me in these situations so it must be me.
I find that quite scarry! I think it's because that means no espcape or avoidance. I can't quite grasp how it works. I've tried telling myself it's just automatic negative thinking, then how I re-act to that. I am not the trigger, certain situations are so it'll take a while to get used to acting and thinking differently.
Have I missed anything? My brain gets the 'it's me,' part, but not the how I can solve it part! I hope I've managed to make sense. I just wondered if anybody had any advice please, to help?

mallan82450
09-12-11, 13:39
Sorry you're feeling like this . . . Have you tried CBT or read any self helps? They tend to explain why we have them :)

zengarden
09-12-11, 13:45
I've read most of what I know of CBT, this is why I know of automatic negative thoughts. Just not really sure of the next step. Thanks for replying.