PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks - please help

Lilli
09-12-11, 13:39
Hi all,

I am new to this site. I am 33 years old female and I would like to have chat and hear other people opiniums, who are suffering or suffered from anxiety, panic attacks.
I had my first panic attack maybe 5 years ago, but I didn't know it is panic attack, I just thought that I am tired or have not eat enough.
I forgot about this till last year, I got my really bad panic attack on my way to work. I didn't know what is going on with me, I felt dizzy, disorientated...once I fell this I start to panic. My fear is that I will collaps and no one helps me. I hate this feeling, it makes me cry. I went to see my doctor, but I didn't feel she cares so much and I didn't want to take antidepresant as I am aware now that all this is in my head, but I still feel fear. I read book about panic attacks, start to do joga and use essential oils. This really helped me and I was free of panic attack for a few months. But they are back. The most safe place for me is my home, I have fear to go outside, I am trying avoid crounds. I am afraid to go to Christmas market. I use Rescue remedy drops, which seems to help me, but sometimes I feel more anxious. I bought Kalms tablets today as I am off to Vienna for holiday and it is a big city. I have already fear that I will get panic attack there. My boyfriend is very supportive, but I just wish I am more fun and free of this fear. I used to enjoy my life, go alone to city with lots of people( as I lived in London) and I used to love it. I don't understand what changed me.
Is there anyone in similar situation who can share the tips?
Thank you so much.

diane07
09-12-11, 13:42
Hi Lilli

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

sickandtired
09-12-11, 14:24
Lilli
I know you say you dont want anti depressants but maybe this is the time to try?
I suffered with panic attacks a few years ago,did self help,breathing slowly,reading books,listen to relaxation music and yes....it went away....for a while....but they are back....and much worse........when i look back,i realise i have been anxious for many many years and maybe time to try anti depressants as i feel much worse this time......pounding in my heart,afraid to go places,see people,even friends ....it is very scary.
my doctor was very nice and understanding,talked to me and gave me a few options.I tried beta blockers but they did not work,so now Im on anti depressants.The side effects are a bit rubbish at the moment but i am assured they will go in a few weeks.
please message me anytime you want to talk
:)