PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

sun3hine
03-06-06, 21:22
Hi there,
My name is Joanne, I'm from Dublin (Ireland) and have been suffering from panic attacks and associated agoraphobia for years. I've been yo-yoing my Seroxat dose from 20 - 40mg for about 5 years, and while most of the time, the attacks are suppressed, I'm only just about coping.
I feel at this stage in my life (28) I've spent so much energy and time trying to stop these attacks, that what I've been doing ie counselling/therapy just isn't working.

Good to know I'm not alone tho!

Joanne

lin
03-06-06, 21:31
Hi Joanne

Welcome to the forum you will get loads of help and support

linda xx

eeyorelover
04-06-06, 03:38
WELCOME JOANNE :)
I am sure you will find loads of information and a great bunch of new friends here.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

- Elenor Roosevelt

giddy
04-06-06, 07:28
Hi Joanne - welcome to the forum
Love Helen

trac67
04-06-06, 10:53
Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Daisybun
04-06-06, 11:29
Hi Joanne, no you are not alone, there are lots of us going through the same stuff. You will find lots of help and support on here. There's lots of good info too.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

MrMonkey
04-06-06, 11:37
Hi Joanne,

Welcome. Sounds to me like you have been hoping th epills will make it all go away, when the truth is you have to work through it yourself with or without the help of medication. Look into things like relaxation techniques and CBT and you will make some great progress, plus you'll get lots of support and advice from people here, so don't be afraid.

Good luck,

Matt

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Karen
04-06-06, 12:31
Hi Joanne

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Alexandra
06-06-06, 14:10
Hi Joanne

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

hayles
06-06-06, 14:14
Hey and a big welcome x

Hay x

manmoor
06-06-06, 15:29
Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the best place on earth for us anxiety sufferers.

Mandy xx

shell100
06-06-06, 17:50
Hi there
i have been like that for 7 years & its so tiring isnt it :(
i thought before xmas i was doing brilliant so started to come off them & bang..about 8 weeks later im back on them being about 10 paces behind :( but i am determined to get back to where i was, which wasnt brilliant but i did have some sort of a life. & this time im not going to stop when i feel comfortable but carry on thru the hard bits :)
hugs to u :)
heres to a bright future xxx

nomorepanic
06-06-06, 19:18
Hi Joanne

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help!

Nicola

scoobygirl2005
06-06-06, 21:32
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x